Monday, April 16, 2012

Home for the week


It's been a very crazy weekend.  I got back up to GR Friday night and Laila was so sick and I finally got her settled down for the night and went to sleep.  Saturday morning I was woken up by a call from my mom telling me my grandma had passed away.  I packed up our room at RMH and came home.  I spent the whole weekend wondering and worrying and again torn between family and wanting to do what's best for everyone.  This morning I got a call from Andrea at CLC telling me to do what is best for our family and we can jump back into CLC whenever we can.  What a relief.  I can now spend this week helping my mom get ready for the memorial service and not have to grieve this loss without the comfort and support of my husband by my side.  I'm so thankful that Laila was doing so well last week and it helps me to be encouraged that missing this week won't, hopefully, set us back to start all over again next week.  We'll plan to go back on Sunday night and get back going with therapy on Monday morning. 

Last night I found a post I had written about my grandma a few years ago when she had her 70th birthday.  Please click here to read it and rejoice with us over the time we had with her and the special person she was to so many.  Our grandmothers were the reason I started this blog.  Several years ago we went to a mother daughter banquet at our church and we had all of my moms and grandmothers there and I just thought how lucky I was to have all of them still in my life.  This is the first one we have lost and I know how lucky that makes me and my children.  Grandma is and will continue to be greatly missed.

1 comment:

Steigenbergs said...

Such a blessing to be able to look back and see such fun times with all the grandmas over the years. Thank you for sharing them with those of us who aren't physically close.

Relieved to know CLC is so understanding and willing to work with you. Another burden lifted this week.

Now to get the kids healthy...

Praying for comfort and happy memories for your family as you cope with this loss. GG was way too young.