Today has definitely been a "torn between two worlds" kind of day. Jackson ended up with a fever in the night last night again so we scrambled to try to get him to the doctor today. He couldn't be seen by his regular doctor so we got an appointment at another one and then found out they don't take our insurance. Jack ended up having to leave work and take him to urgent care. His fever was 103.7 when they got there and his poor scratchy sad voice was just about more than I could bear today. Turns out that he tested positive for the flu. Boo for that and boo for the fact that it pretty much means none of them will be able to come and visit us this weekend for fear that they will pass it to Laila. The two big kids NEVER get sick so I just can't believe that it's him. I am thankful that he got it after we left but so torn to want to be with him but can't. Stinks.
Up here on the Michigan front however things are amazing. I was able to be in the classroom with Laila this afternoon and she just jumped right back in and is doing GREAT. She got two bravos today for two successful trips to the potty! One of her successes was while I was there and it may be TMI but that potty was FULL! She was also able to sit on the potty all by herself while I read her a story and normally I can't get her to sit by herself. She also has eaten all of her lunch and snacks both days so far. She ate a whole jar of baby food, drank close to 8 oz of juice and ate 1.5 cheetos today! I sat amazed with her at lunch watching her sit by herself in her chair (regular chair, not wheelchair), hold on the to the bar with one hand for balance and feed herself with the other hand. I told the girls that I was amazed because we can barely get her to eat more than a few bites at home these days and she basically never eats at school back home. They had just assumed she had been eating well since she was when we left 6 months ago so they didn't mention it to me yesterday.
The other thing that is so fun is that I got to sit with her in circle time and see the absolute difference in her language and participation. She's calling the other kids by name and speaking up when it's her turn to play the "who stole the cookie" game. I really think that being in preschool this year and having such a great speech therapist back home have made her vocabulary just soar this past six months. She was also sitting up so well on the floor with just having a foam semi-circle behind her.
I'm so happy that she can be back here and is doing so well. Hoping that it continues!! Tonight we're off to go to a meeting for the riverbank run. I'm excited to see what it's all about and I was asked to speak to the group and tell them about our team coming up from Indiana and tell them about Laila, CLC and why we're motivated by them. There is also going to be someone from WOTV that is going to tell us about nutrition. Should be pretty neat :)
Thanks for reading with us and please keep Jackson in your prayers! Now that I mention that, please also keep a little girl named McKenna in your prayers. Her mom is staying here at RMH and gave me permission to share that she is having a last effort brain surgery on Friday that the doctor says he's 99% positive won't work. She's only 1 :( Please pray for them as well.
Thanks!
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment