Thursday, April 19, 2012

Best Tip: Try out your clothes

When Laila and I were at the training with Steve and Margeux Drake for Team CLC one of the things they told us was to make sure to try our running clothes before the day of the race.  You have to make sure that they don't have anything in or on them that would irritate you.  They were mostly talking about if you went out and bought new running clothes but let me tell you, you have to also try out old ones!  I jumped on the treadmill a few days ago and had grabbed out some running pants that I hadn't worn in a few weeks but had been training in since the beginning.  Well, let's just say that I think I may have lost more inches than pounds because if I had been running the race everyone would've gotten quite the show.  They fell right down!!  But since I'm a crazy OCD person who won't stop once I start, I spent my whole run that day pulling my pants up!!  So the moral of my story today is to DEFINITELY try out your running clothes close to the race even if they're not new!  Happy Running!

PS - I'm running 3.5 miles every other day consistently now.  Still blows my mind!  If you'd like to support Team CLC and our Legs for Laila team please click here

1 comment:

Steigenbergs said...

You crack me up! Try to make sure your clothes fit before you get on the treadmill next time. :) ~J