Thursday, April 26, 2012

Session Two: Day Seven

This video was from last night and I had it on my facebook but I just had to share for those of you who aren't on facebook.  She is so stinkin proud of herself and I am too!  She went on the potty for me two times last night after school and today she went at school and then again from me before her nap.  One of the great parts about it is that the last two times she has gone for me it's pretty much as soon as she sits down and I hear her start to go and she looks at me with this surprised face and says "I pee!"  She is truly understanding what I've been talking about the the last. six. months!  Obviously it has helped A TON to be back here at CLC but I think it also has a big part to do with me just having the time alone with her and nothing else to do but put her on the potty.  Back home I'm like a bus driver for these three kiddos all day long and so she is out and about a lot with not a lot of time just to focus on this.  I've really been praising God for this alone time with her.  The extra snuggles and proud moments have really done a lot for our relationship and bonding as well.  Not that we were not bonded but I think there is always another level that you can get to especially with an adopted child and then throwing a special need on top of that makes things even more complicated.  I know our last experience up here was very emotionally challenging for both of us but I know that was also a huge turning point in our connecting as well.  I'm so thankful for this time with her but of course am missing my big kiddos back home!  Is it Friday yet??  Can't wait for them to get here!!  I miss the really big one as well ;)

We're looking forward to a visit from one of our favorite people tonight.  Our friend Stacy is coming to stay the night with us and spend the day in the classroom observing Laila tomorrow.  She's been one of Laila's biggest fans since she was a little baby.  She's known her longer than me!  We're so excited to spend some time with her and let Laila show off :)

No comments: