Sunday, April 8, 2012

We did it!!

I didn't realize when we started training that the last day would be the day before we leave for our next four weeks at CLC.  Tonight I actually ran 3.5 miles!  I never in my life thought that would be something I could do.  Jack has worked up to running over 6 miles as of tonight.  Earlier this week he just started running to see how far he would go and has just kept increasing his distance.  He's doing so great!!

I have to say that I'm surprised at the other things in my life that have changed since I started this.  I find myself eating less and healthier.  I feel like I don't want to just go run all this way and then cancel it out with ice cream or I don't want to eat a big greasy burger because one day I did that and it felt like the thing was kicking me in the ribs the whole time I was running.  While I haven't lost a lot of weight yet, I do feel like my clothes are fitting better which is nice :)  The other thing that is so exciting is that Emma and Jackson have started walking and are doing between 1-2 miles.  They are following our example and Emma has even signed up to walk the 5k for Laila too!

Our team has grown and we have raised so much more money for CLC than we had thought we would.  We decided to try to get some corporate sponsors from our town since we're three hours away and they wouldn't have been included in soliciting so far.  Our town and families have responded in such a huge way and have shown so much love for Laila that it just amazes me.  Check out our fundraising page here.

Tomorrow we check back in to the Ronald McDonald house and Laila starts her next session at CLC on Tuesday.  Be looking for blogs with updates of how she adjusts back and what kind of progress she makes.  Pray she doesn't cry the first three weeks of a four week session again ;)

Please also pray for us as we are just beginning our adoption paperwork again to bring our son Ranjit home from India.  This might get a little tricky doing paperwork from another state while Jack is home with the other two kids!

No comments: