Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Session Two: Day Six

Well another GREAT day :)  Poop and pee on the potty at school and then another bravo for pee right when we got back before she took her nap!  She still had a wet diaper at lunch time at school but we're at least catching some of it!  I'm SOOOO excited!

She also started feeding herself at lunch today!  They were playing a game where everyone would take a bite together and they happen to not be right by her to help so she decided to do it herself!  Her aim is still a little off but they were so proud of her doing bite after bite and getting better all the time! 

Her arms are getting so much better.  She is helping more with dressing and undressing.  She tightens up at first when you ask her to straighten but then her body catches up with her brain with giving her the cue of the word straight and then she will straighten her arm out.  They are using arm braces a lot at school to retrain her body and I think we'll be having our friend Allison make us a pair.  She did however to a great job having straight arms on the potty after school today.

I wanted to share this precious picture from yesterday (I thought I'd spare you the explicit potty pictures we sent daddy ;).  She was able to spend some time with the bigger kids yesterday while we were working on the TV interviews.  These girls took right to Laila and talked and played with her.  I love watching these girls giggle about boys and be stylish with their peace signs and zebra print decorated walker and clothes.  I'm so excited to see what the future holds for Laila because I just know God is going to do GREAT things through her!

1 comment:

Steigenbergs said...

Keep up the good work, Laila! Looking forward to seeing your new tricks next time we get together!! Love you!