Laila had another good but it was interesting to see how different she is when I'm there. She's always looking to me for approval and it was very interesting to watch her throughout the day know which conductors she could try to manipulate and which ones she couldn't. They had a first year student in there today and she would get so lazy every time she would be the one sitting by her. Such a smart little one. Gotta give her credit for her brains :) She got one bravo at school today and then one when we got back home. This is the third day in a row she has gone potty for me right when we get home and has a dry diaper when I sit her down. We're getting somewhere!! She again had beautiful standing today and I'm seeing more and more great stepping and sitting.
If you can get past the crazy matted hair in this picture...... look at how good she is doing in the bumbo these days. She is always asking to sit in and and is wanting to be in her wheelchair less and less. She wants her independence so much and I'm loving it! See those nice straight arms.... progress!!! She couldn't last barely five minutes sitting in the bumbo not that long ago. Today she has finally figured out using her arms like this and has been sitting there watching mickey for about 25 minutes.
Also wanted to share this picture below with you. This one of the pictures hanging in our room here at RMH. The first few days she would look at it and say "momma, the picture says?" and would want me to read it. Now she just keeps looking at it and says, "momma, picture says hope!" You gotta love this girl's insight and God's little reminders when I need them :)
It's pretty much perfect for us :)
Have a GREAT weekend! I'll be hanging with Jack and the kiddos in about 20 minutes! Can't wait!!

1 comment:
What an amazing kid! An an amazing mommy who encourages her. I see such growth in you both, and I'm so proud of you. I forgot to ask you if Laila was surprised to see Stacey when she got up this morning.
Enjoy some wonderful family time this weekend, filled with hope for your future with your entire family home.
I also just watched the video from yesterday and I have to say that I understood every word. And I'm so proud of her for waving and immediately knowing to say hi. What a blessing CLC has been.
Get some rest and have some fun.
Love,
Jenni
Post a Comment