Monday, April 9, 2012

Back At RMH

We've arrived and settled in at the Ronald McDonald house again.  I can't believe how different I feel this time.  I know what to expect, I know it's going to be hard but I also know it's totally going to be worth it.  We were greeted by familiar faces here and that makes a world of difference too! 

It's amazing to me to see how much Laila has grown in the last six months.  She wasn't scared of our room and did really well going to bed tonight.  Last time it was a real struggle to get her adjusted and she was still going through a rough time with sleeping any where besides home.  She moved around a lot before joining our family and I think that had a lot to do with her anxiety.  I love seeing her happy and settled and knowing that she is safe and at home as long as she's with her mommy :)

We headed down to the kitchen and saw a few of our friends there and will make some new ones I bet. There are three CLC families staying here this time which is fun! Laila was sitting at the kitchen table babbling away telling everyone "I sit at the table," "I have purple glasses," and yelling at me "I hold you hand."  She's very into hand holding these days which is super cute and fun.  Then we went to Walmart (which is hard to find in Meijer country up here!) and made a stop through the Subway drive through.  Thank you Grandma Mary for your generosity with giving us some gift cards for our stay up here!!

We're excited to go to school tomorrow even though I'm not sure Laila really remembers what she's getting herself into.  She did tell me this morning that she wanted to stay with "Van Syoc" (her preschool teacher back home).  I know when we get there she'll remember it.  She's got an amazing memory.  Now to see if she's excited or if she cries.......

Thanks for sharing in this time with us.  I always look forward to seeing if people follow our journey and it helps me to want to continue to write and share.  It's been helpful to be able to look back at the things she's learned.


Laila back in her "bedroom."  HA!  Like my make shift IV pole for her feeding pump?!?

4 comments:

Allie said...

I am excited to read about your journey at CLC. And I will be praying for you and Laila!

Ape said...

Very McGuyver of you ;) so glad your first night there was a positive one!!!

Danae and Micah said...

I am glad you made it there safely and are all settled in. Thinking and praying Laila and you as well Angie.

Steigenbergs said...

So which room did you get this time? Hopefully you can stay in the same one for a bit. So glad the first night went so well and you are settled back in. Wish I could visit again! ~J