The last 24 hours were not what I was expecting at all! Beginning last night Laila developed a cough and then spent the whole not coughing and vomiting. I decided at about 5:30am that we needed a daddy consult as to how to handle today. With Laila's history and the fact that Jackson has the flu and came down with it the day after we left we decided we just couldn't wait it out and see, so she and I loaded up in the car and drove the 3 hrs back home to make a trip to the doctor. They don't accept her insurance up here plus we just need our own doctor who knows her history and what is normal and what is not for her. Turns out she developed an ear infection. Mind you, I specifically took her into the doctor on our way out of town on Monday just to make sure she was in tip top shape for this adventure. Plus I had her at the ENT at Riley a week ago for her six month check up from getting tubes put in and he basically called me and our doctors incompetent and said her tubes would be draining if she had a true ear infection so we must be wrong that she's getting them. This goes to show you how quickly things develop and go down hill with her and why we're so thankful for a pediatrician we love and trust. So, those of you that I've had to cancel on for various things several times.... this is our life.
The good thing is that she tested negative for the flu so we know she hadn't caught it from Jackson before we left. The bad part about that is that Jackson spiked a fever again last night so even though we were home and in town, we were not able to stay. Kind of seems like a little bit of a sick joke to be missing my kiddos so much and have Jackson crying for me in the night and be at home but not be able to hug him. We just couldn't chance Laila catching it and there is still a possibility that Jack or Emma could still develop it in the next few days. She already missed one day of a four week school and with the way everything hits her so hard I'm guessing she would miss more than the 3.5 days that Jackson missed of school this week.
I planed just to leave town but I just couldn't go without being able to see them. We had sort of a "prison" visit at my mom's and I just talked to them through the window as to not get the germs. Laila was so pitful begging me to let her outside and saying "pleeease!" for her Grandma & Papa and then for Emma and Jackson after we left. Absolutely pitiful.
It was a rough six hours in the car today with tons of vomit, especially on the drive back up here. She had a rough time getting ready for bed and couldn't stop but I think she is finally asleep for now and hopefully the meds will kick in soon and she will be able to get back to CLC on Monday.
To end of a good note though, we had a great time at the charity event last night at Peppino's. Laila loved getting to meet Ann and Jason and we so appreciated them driving up from Kalamazoo to spend time with us!
Friday, April 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh no!!!! Poor Laila...poor Mommy...poor everyone!!! You better not tell me who this ENT at Riley is...because I may push him/her down!!! Even *I* can recognize an ear infection...grr!
Such a bummer she had to miss a day....
The pictures visiting through the windows are pitiful....:(
I hope everyone is back to 100% really soon!
Hang in there, friend. Enjoy some quiet time this weekend; love on Laila, and know that your other three are well taken care of at home by family and friends. You did the right thing.
I love you. Thanks for being a wonderful friend.
~Jenni
PS. It is fun to live vicariously through you in GR again. Sure do miss that great town!! Peppino's was always great!
Post a Comment