OK yes, it is a picture of her on the potty but I kept it clean :) She sat all by herself and we were playing peek-a-boo from side to side. Notice we have to keep cases of formula on the chair because freakishly strong girl can pull the chair right over!
Well I did not think that on April 23 we would only be posting about day four but here we are!
I was really nervous about today. The past week was a huge whirlwind, tons of driving and packing and unpacking and not a lot of Laila time. I had tried to get her back to preschool last week while we were home but never got it worked out and our therapists already had people scheduled in our spots while we were supposed to be gone so Laila got a lazy break from everything except what we do at home and I'll be honest and say there wasn't that much of that going on either. Sad, tired, busy mommy just didn't have it in her last week. With all of that break for her I wondered if coming back today would be hard. When we pulled in she got a little whiny and wasn't a whole lot of smiles when I brought her into the classroom. I wondered all day if she was crying and fighting them.
To my surprise, her conductor today could not wait to tell me how amazing her day was. She walked out to me pushing her little chair and then when she got to the hallway she stood all by herself just holding the back of the chair! Liz said she did AMAZING today. She got one bravo which she then told me about the whole car ride back to RMH. "Momma, I go potty! Momma I pee! Momma I bravo song!!" I love how proud she is of herself and I'm of course the proudest mommy EVER! She also did amazing standing at the sand table playing all by herself today. It's a little higher table so there's a little support under her arms while she leans over the table but Liz said she had very beautiful straight legs and was very careful to use one arm straight to hold herself up while she played with the other hand in the sand and then would safely put the other hand down, arm straight to play with the other hand. She said every once in a while she would have to put her hips back straight again but for the most part she STOOD and played on her own today. She also loved her lunch today and ate it right up. I called and told Jack and he said "OK now how do we trick her into thinking she's at CLC when she's at home?!?!" I told him this is why so many families move here just for their children to attend CLC.
While we can't move here, I did sit and look at Laila before I laid her down for a nap and just thought what a miracle she is. How different her life would be without this opportunity. We wouldn't know about this school if we hadn't run into another family from DeMotte who has been here before and we probably wouldn't have ever come if REMC hadn't given us the grant and the opportunity. I also probably wouldn't be here if we hadn't had an amazing friend and therapist through First Steps who believed in Laila so much that her family gave us a check and said "Here's your application money, do it!" We are so completely loved and supported and I hope that everyone shares in the miracles God is working in Laila's life every day. We're so excited that God gave us the opportunity to be a part of Laila's journey and the resources to give her what she needs to become who He has called her to be and all for His glory! (I also can't wait to see the miracles He'll do for our new son hopefully coming later this year!)
Just wanted to give a quick update about the run too. I got a whole big box of shirts and socks and lanyards for our team today. Again, I want to thank everyone who is running and walking, donated so far and want to give a big THANK YOU to the businesses that donated as well. We'll wear our shirts proud showing off the businesses that love our little girl and the school that lets her shine!

2 comments:
Just Awesome!!!!
I can so hear her saying, "Mommy, I go potty!" That's awesome! We're proud of you both.
Love,
Jenni
Post a Comment