E&J were so excited to be staying in a Ronald McDonald house! So excited in fact, that when we asked them on Saturday if they would like to go to the zoo or something fun they said they just wanted to stay here! We did eventually end up going out exploring. I took them over to CLC so they could see where it is but since it was a Saturday afternoon there was no one there so we couldn't go in. I'm hoping Jack can come up one week day to be able to go there with Laila so I don't have to try to explain everything to him when we get home to be able to continue working with her.
I got a lovely little pack of goodies from my mom which included gift cards a some cash so that we would be able to have some fun as a family on the weekends here so we went to Applebees for lunch and then headed over to the Fredrik Meijer Gardens. We pretty much stuck to the children's part but spent a couple hours there and had a perfect day for it.
| See, she can use those skills of standing when she puts her mind to it :) |
| Jackson playing with the Niagra Falls :) |
| They really liked this Great Lakes water area |
| That horse sculpture was crazy HUGE! |
| They had a great time rolling down this fun hill. Laila even did it but wouldn't leave her mouth closed and kept eating grass! |
We got a coupon from Applebees for them movie Rio so we decided to order Jet's pizza (mmmmm!) and just have a family night back at RMH. It was really nice :)
This morning we packed up and drove down to Kalamazoo to go visit our old church and head to Gull Meadow Farms for some apple picking, cider and donuts. It's been really fun being able to do some of these things that we used to do when we lived up here and I've been cracking up at the things I forgot about like crazy MI no left turns and shopping at Meijer again instead of WalMart. Silly little things but fond memories of our seven years up here.
| My Loves |
| My Life |
So, we're ready to start another week I think. Emma & I were talking on the phone a few minutes ago and we're kind of amazed we already have one week down. I'm sure when we're done it will seem like no time. I'm again, nervous and excited for what this week will bring. I've already seen so much change and I need to remember that when it is hard. We saw Laila taking steps this weekend so much better than we have ever seen. We were amazed by the way she was able to stand and play in the water. I've been amazed and incredibly thankful for my amazing, wonderful, helpful, handsome husband and the way he handles things at home. I was able to get some great, great insight from my dear friend Gena this morning at church that I believe should be the theme verse for conductive education. I'll leave you with that below. Just a fun God thing too, she was just encouraging me with verse 11 but then we read on to 12 &13 amazed.
Hebrews 12:11-13
Now all discipline seems painful at the time, not joyful. But later it produces the fruit of peace and righteousness for those trained by it. Therefore, strengthen your listless hands and your weak knees and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be put out of joint but be healed.

2 comments:
Great weekend and pictures ! Thanks for sharing with us . Miss you
What a FUN weekend!
No left turns??? That is pretty weird! :/
Post a Comment