Thursday, September 22, 2011

Day Thirteen: Kicked Out

So this one is going to be short and sweet today because I have developed a terrible migraine since I picked up Laila today. 

No, she did not get kicked out of school today but I sure got your attention didn't I?!?!  Ha!  No, I was the one who got kicked out today.  I always arrive around fifteen minutes early to pick up Laila and participate a little at the end.  Today when I showed up as soon as a stepped in the classroom I got escorted right back out.  They said Laila doesn't do as well when there is more than one person there with their attention on her.  While at first I was offended, they are actually probably right.  She loves to play it up and see who she can get to give in and help her.  While, I'm not a person that usually does that I will respect that.  It was just kinda of weird.  I'm chalking it up to her foreign culture :)

So that being said, I didn't get to see much today so I don't have a lot to tell.  I was hoping to get a video of her walking today on her way out of the classroom but camera in hand, I didn't get to do it.  This morning when I dropped her off we had another tearless potty experience and she actually had a few dribbles in there so she got the bravo song which was fun.  She also seems to have gotten her appetite back a little too.  Thanks for he prayers for her sickness because it doesn't seem to be getting worse and she's not coughing as much.  One of the other kids today had some crazy snot going on and lots of coughing & sneezing.  Hoping that doesn't come our way.

On a non-therapy side note we got a new feeding pump today which I'm super excited about.  Why you may ask?  Well, for months and months we have been doing a night feed with Laila where it ends between three and four in the morning and one of us has to get up and go turn the pump off because it beeps that the dose is done.  Well this pump has volume control!!  No more getting up!  It will just flash "dose done" until we get up in the morning and turn it off.  It's the little things in life....... :)

Also, we're leaving straight from school tomorrow to go home for the weekend!  Yay!!  Anyway, so that means my post for tomorrow probably won't be coming until in the evening.  I'm stopping on my way home to see my grandma that has been in and out of the hospital since we got here and is now in rehab.  Please keep her in your prayers as she's scared and being in a nursing home (only for rehab) is a new thing for her.  Pray for my mom as well because it's a lot to deal with and hard for her as well.

2 comments:

Amy Jo said...

Haha, u did get my attn! Love that it was you and not Laila!

Steigenbergs said...

I am so excited that you will be able to get some solid sleep again. Hooray!

Take heart, my friend. You not being there today means Laila learned one more thing she didn't know... that she can do it ALL on her own. Going to school is a big deal when you are 3, you know. It is her way of pushing you out of the room and saying, "Mom, I can do this."

Have a great weekend with your family!

Praying for your head.