I think the best part about it is that I am able to be excited about it but not be broken down tomorrow if I go in and she's not doing it. I'm learning to be excited for today and move on to whatever challenge tomorrow brings. I had lunch with a couple other parents today and we were all talking about how conductive education is just as much training for the parents. It has been so hard for me too! I see her do these things and I'm upset when she can't do it the next day. Go back and read the comment from yesterday from my friend Tara who is also a therapist. She explained it well on how these kids learn and just because they can do it once or a few times, we have to give them time to master the skill. It was so nice to be able to talk about that with the other parents today. I also got a different perspective from them about how sometimes being the one from far away is good. Laila is getting complete attention and intensive therapy right now and where if we lived here and did this all the time she might only go two days a week or something like that where she's getting a huge dose of learning this way. Never thought of it that way.
![]() |
| She also did pretty good with her holding and keeping her head up at lunch today as well. I stopped in for a minute before my lunch with the parents. |
![]() |
| Laila loves her Miss Julie |
So silly Laila in the picture above is trying out the "H'air from the letter box because this week they are working on the letter H. I haven't said too much about the stuff that they do besides all the motor skills. I'm always talking about the walking, potty, eating and sitting but I wanted to make sure you know that all of this is done throughout a day of school setting. Every morning they sing the good morning song and talk about what month and day it is. They do all of these things throughout the day that you would normally see happening at a school. So while conductive ed is about making those connections in the brain to coordinate movements, it's also about doing those things a setting just like any other child would.
So, today was not too terribly different from the other days but I say fantastic because I'm rejoicing in my daughters accomplishments as they come and going to try to be proud of her every step of the way :)
I also wanted to share with you a picture of my gorgeous new nephews! Welcome Dean Thomas and Logan William to the Hamstra family!! They were born this morning and everyone is doing great. Special kudos to my amazing sister Brooke for carrying around almost 13 pounds of baby in there and looking fabulous. Love you sis!! Congratulations Kevin & Brooke!!






3 comments:
Erin was so excited to see Laila sitting and especially the picture with the hair. :) She has been talking about Laila sitting good on the potty ever since we talked this morning. She is SO excited for her friend!
Glad Julie was able to come and share in your day too.
Keep looking for the positives in each day, even if they are small things... you can do this! :)
So glad baby girl had a good day today. So happy that you have such a great friend like Julie that you could spend the day with. You guys help each other and she Loves Laila and John too. Can't wait for you girls to cone hone this weekend.
We're so glad that you had a good day, and how special is it to have Julie visit? :)
Those babies are ADORABLE! I love that picture! Congrats!
Post a Comment