
OK, now on to our day. I got to stay in the classroom with Laila for the whole morning today. It is amazing to see firsthand the things she is doing so much better. I think they are so smart to have us come at the beginning and at the end and leave us a little in the dark in the in between. Makes for a better awe effect ;) Her sitting is so much nicer, she's not fighting the challenge anymore but embracing it and gaining so much more strength and knowledge. She's doing much better on her tummy during the lying program and lifting her head, her rolling is getting so good as well. She still needs some help getting to her tummy but not necessarily because she can't do it but because she's not too fond of tummy time but that will come with more time. So, all of these things in addition to everything that I listed yesterday leave me a true believer in Conductive Education. I mean seriously, did you watch the video that I posted of her taking steps?!?! I laid in bed last night watching it over and over and I can't believe this is the same girl. Someone had described it to me as a miracle. I do believe I have seen miracles occur in Laila but not without hard work and persistence. Sometimes we just want to have quick results with no work but we all know those never last. I believe these things will last with Laila and continue to develop more and more. I'd like to share this little excerpt from the bible study I've been doing here for those that didn't see it on my facebook.
"Those waiting on a life of continuous miracles as a sign of God's anointing will lead a frustrated existence as they try to manipulate God. On the contrary, the anointed life engages daily and normal activities in a supernatural way. When you have patience in your mothering, holiness in your singleness, gentleness in your response, contentment in your circumstances, and empowerment in the face of your challenges, you are experiencing the greatest miracle of all: God's presence appearing in your life." -Priscilla Shirer
Laila is a miracle. Emma is a miracle. Jackson is a miracle. You are a miracle. We have to stop trying to find the quick fix, giant sign or something better than what we have. Each of us everyday can be a miracle to ourselves, our families and each other. I don't know who you all are, but thank you for being my miracle.

1 comment:
Awesome Day!!!!!!!@@@
Post a Comment