Monday, June 21, 2010

SUMMER OF FUN!!!!!

So, I declared this the summer of fun!  I decided that I was going to put everything else aside and focus on getting lots of quality time with the kids because I realized how much I miss them when they are at school.  The summers seem to fly by and I wonder where the time went. 

To start the summer of fun off right, we went to the water park with our friends Kat, Sami & Skylar.  Emma had earned a free ticket through a reading program at school (I love that she's earning me free stuff!  Start 'em young!!) so we decided to go on the last day of public school since Emma go out a few days early and we thought maybe it wouldn't be too crowded.  We were right!!  It was a little chilly first thing in the morning but of course the kids didn't mind and pretty quickly the sun came right out and by the end of the day we were all sun burned! 

We were excited to have our friends with us for the day and it worked out super well.  Emma is tall (big surprise huh?!?) so she is able to ride on the big slides but Jackson & Sami aren't quite there yet, nor would Jackson even think about going on a big slide!  So, Kat and I took turns doing fun things with the bigger kids while one of us stayed with Sky or the other two little ones.  It turned out to be a SUPER FUN day and a great way to start out our "summer of fun!"


Other activities in the summer of fun so far have been, swim lessons every day, followed by swimming at Grandma's or a friends house, bowling, watching daddy fly an airplane, SEVERAL trips to McDonald's, fun home school activities, sprinklers, bike rides, trampoline wars, a trip to Toys R Us, summer reading program at the library, buying garage sale toys, not sure what else but there's not tons of pictures because I'm trying to participate in the fun instead of watching from behind the camera :)

No comments: