I was looking all over at different ideas for a cheap party where we could have a lot of people. All of the ideas like a bowling alley or child fun center we priced per person and that can get very expensive when you want to include everyone. My friend Chanda told me about a party she threw for her son one year and it turn out to be perfect. And so began the planning of the carnival birthday :)
Everyone was so impressed with this party but honestly it really didn't take much time or money. We made all of the games ourselves with things we had around the house and ordered most of the prizes off of the Oriental Trading company website. Anyway, enjoy the pictures from this super fun birthday party!
I now my current youngest is five years old! I can not believe it! He has grown up right before my very eyes yet with him being the youngest, I think I still consider him a lot younger than I did Emma when she turned five. He is a complete delight and I am so glad God blessed me with him and has shown me a different kind of love that a son has for his mommy. He has such a tender heart while having a very mischievous knack for knowing just how to get to his sister :) Here's a current list of thing that make Jackson who he is.
- He is a boy's boy through and through. The word toilet, poop, pee or butt will immediately send him into a laughing fit.
- He is definitely daddy's boy with a wonderful mind to take thing apart and fix them. I'm so thankful for this.
- He didn't like school very much this year but is looking forward to going in August to his new preschool. I sold him on the idea when I mentioned that they have cowboy dinner at the end of the year :)
- When the kids turn five the blankie goes away and while he was very attached to it, he was very prepared and handled it like a champ.
- He is very smart! I actually don't know exactly how high he can count because I lose interest when we get well over 300. Guessing he could probably count to 999.
- He is beginning to read. He can read several of the books in the beginning section of our early readers.
- He is getting braver int he water this summer and we are very proud of him for putting his face in the water this year.
- He has learned to ride on two wheels and is very excited about his bike that his friend Kohler let him have.
- Again, he has a huge heart and loves babies and other smaller children and is always willing to help with them. He also sometimes bursts into tears if I get firm in voice with him and cries "you're mad at me!"
- He's amazing on a computer. Still amazes me how quickly kids pick those thing up!
- He loves to find worms in the yard and carry them around in his hand.
- Does the little boy thing of changing his mind all the time whether he wants to be a fireman, police officer or, of course, work on airplanes when he grows up.
- Has been very tender hearted when we've had different foster children visit us. He doesn't like screaming or fit throwing. He's very uneasy about it.
- Loves to get mail and checks every day to see if there is anything for him.












1 comment:
He's so big! I'll never forget the first time we saw him... and now look at him. Definitely Daddy's boy, but still a good combination of the two of you.
So glad he had a fun birthday. (and you did too!)
Post a Comment