So here we end the Jackson's year at DeMotte Cooperative Preschool. I still hold fast that this program is amazing in so many ways. I absolutely love the fact that both of my kids got to be in this program and work with a whole range of different kids made in God's image. I love that fact that even though their friends in class might not be exactly the same as them, be able to learn the same, some communicate in different ways, and some might have wheelchairs or other special devices to help them get around, they are all kids and all have that same spirit God put in them. My proudest day was when the teacher told me that Jackson ended up going to speech therapy with one of his little buddies because his friend was scared and Jackson popped right up and said "I'll go with him so he won't be scared!" My little guy does seem to have different eyes for kids with special needs and I'm so thankful for that.
Relay Race at Field Day
All the friends enjoying their Field Day snack
They put on a cute little program and Jackson was a scary bear!!!
So Jackson, I just wanted to say how extremely proud I am of you and all the wonderful things you learned this year. You have really been growing up so much before my eyes this past year and I love to watch how big your heart is for others. I look forward to seeing how you grow this year in Mrs. Friend's class and I can't wait to start hearing all your memory verses and what you're learning about God right along with your academic studies! I love you buddy!!





No comments:
Post a Comment