Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Mother Daughter Banquet 2010

 Three years ago I started this blog because I felt like I needed to document the fact that we were so blessed that I had both moms and all my grandmas still in my life and I was able to share at our church's Mother Daughter Banquet with all of them.  Well three years later the blessings are still flowing!

What an amazing thing that my daughter has been able to truly know her great-grandmothers!  Each and everyone one of these ladies has and will continue to have an impact on my daughter's life forever.  There is such a dynamic between all of them and they are all so loving and have so many different qualities to bring to the table. Many things have happen to these ladies over the past couple of years; losing husband, major health issues, losing grandchildren.  Yet, all the while they have kept their faith and been such a great example to all of us.  (also, if you don't know me well enough, in-law isn't in my vocabulary so when I speak of all the moms and grandmas, I'm speaking of the ones I have by marriage too)
This year was a little more tricky because Grandma Hamstra had a stroke and has trouble communicating and walking.  I spent the week feeling pretty sad about this being the first one without her and then I decided I just wasn't going to do that.  I went and picked her up from the nursing home and she came right along with us.  She wasn't able to talk and share in some of the games but I think she still had a very good time and I never want to get to the point where we don't include her unless it is completely impossible.  Love her too much and just can't not have her there! (not sure if that's grammatically correct but that's how it came out ;)

Me & my Mom

Jill and I wore the same shirt in different colors and Emma & Jaylyn matched :)

My mom & my Grandmas

Jack's mom, sister & Grandmas

Emma and I in our wacky fashion show.
Thank you to each and every one of these ladies for the love, laughs, hugs, support and especially....... baked goods :)

1 comment:

Steigenbergs said...

I'd adopt any one of them... just for the baked goods. ;)

Seriously, I think it is amazing that you have these wonderful women in your life, and can spend quality time with them. And despite Grandma Hamstra's inability to communicate, it seems she understands and appreciates all you do for her.

Ok, now about those baked goods...