Last weekend we took a little adventure to Lafayette. We were going down on Sunday for Kevin's birthday so Jack and I decided it would be a great opportunity to use the $50 my grandma gave us for Christmas to get a hotel with the kids. My friend Jenni has me kind of hooked on bidding for my stuff on priceline.com so we ended up getting a really nice hotel with a pool for our bid of $50. Pretty cool! We also had a few gift cards left for restaurants so the trip was pretty much free. The hotel didn't offer breakfast so we ran to Target and grabbed a few things (including a ten pack of juice boxes for .69, seriously you all have to start reading blogs for deals!!) so even breakfast Sunday morning only cost a little over $4!
We started out Saturday morning and stopped at the Dairy Farm to the let the kids play a bit. We also have season passes there (thanks Grandma Mary!) so that didn't cost anything either. It was really windy outside and cold so they couldn't play with the outdoor stuff but they had fun playing inside, watching the birth of a calf and watching the fun 4D movie they have.
With the time difference and the stop at the Dairy we got to the hotel just early enough that we had to wait a few extra minutes and then got an early check in. The kids wanted as much time as possible to swim. It was so great to be able to do this cheap overnight event and see how excited that they were. I don't look forward to the days when I have to spend a lot to do something fun for them. Maybe they will just stay little forever :)
The pool was nice and warm.

Of Course, Emma jumped right in. CANON BALL!

I love the cheesy grin and the boy who looks like he's pushing out his false teeth!

On Sunday, Grandma Mary, Papa Tom, Aunt Jill, Uncle D & Jaylyn all came down to Lafayette after church and we all went to Pizza King for lunch to celebrate with Kevin.
Happy Birthday Uncle Kevin!



5 comments:
PIZZA KING!!!! I LOVE Pizza King!!! My mouth is now watering just thinking about it!!! :)
My favorite part of vacations was always the pool. When my family went to Mackinac Island for vacation one summer I kept saying..."when are we getting to the vacation??" to which they would reply..."um...we're on vacation!!!" UH...NOOO vacation is swimming!!!
Good job on the deals! :) Glad you enjoyed yourself!
Juice boxes for .69? I missed that! What blog?
What a fun way to spend the weekend...and without spending much at all. That's impressive!
Glad the kids had so much fun in the pool...did you enjoy the water or just relax on the side?
Where is the picture of nerdy Jack?
So cool that you got such great deals, and got to swim too. Enjoyed false teeth boy and cheesy grin girl. :)
The only pizza joint in Sanford was a Pizza King, but apparently yours is very different. Ours was a dive! I want my drink to come on a train! :)
Oh, and I think it is crazy that you say you watched a calf being born with such ease. Like it's no big deal. I'm sure it is a big deal to mommy cow!
By the way, Dave is the Priceline guru. I'm just the partaker of the deals. :)
His false teeth grin looks just like Grandpa Ferguson :)
Post a Comment