I know I've mentioned a lot that we love living where the kids can spend time with their grandparents and great-grandparents..... well, here I go again :) Emma had a field trip for school on Feb 13th and they got to go to the nursing home. I know some of you that don't know Oak Grove think that is probably a weird and awkward field trip for kindergarteners because you are probably picturing a place that looks like a hospital with sick people hanging out, drooling on themselves in the hallways. Well, that's not it at all. Oak Grove is such a blessing. Grandma Hamstra lives there and I would not wish to have her any other place. It is such a great thing for her because there is always something fun and exciting going on for the residents and she has a network of people that she love and support her. She has the gals that she always eats with, the card groups, wii bowling, crafts, exercise class and several other things that keep her so busy that I can't even usually catch her on the phone! It is a beautiful place to live. My kids are truly convinced that Grandma Hamstra lives in a castle. The place literally looks like a hotel inside.
So anyway, Emma's class got to go and decorate Valentines cookies with some of the residents and they had a wonderful time. Grandma was so proud to have her granddaughter there and Emma was excited that she got to be the only one in her class that had a grand parent there. I was so proud of all of the kids in her class and the way that they helped out the residents with the decorations.

What a wonderful memory Emma will have with her much loved great-grandma.

3 comments:
Aww how special! :) I'm glad Emma had a good time!
How neat to have a Grandma there on her field trip. And I agree - that place is beautiful, inside and out!
I'm glad you drove us by the place, because I would be questioning your sanity if not. :) Just kidding. It really is a great housing facility for older folks. Maybe Dave and I will move to Demotte just to live there when we are old! :)
How special that Emma has great grandmas so vibrant and full of life.
Oh, and I just have to know... can Emma beat Great Grandma at wii bowling?
Post a Comment