When they announced at church that they were doing this and that anyone could be in the parade showing support of our church, Emma's ears perked up and she was immediately hooked on the idea. As she heard more and more about the parade and the different floats that were going to be in it, she got excited about seeing all of the them. I sat her down (not really too excited about being in the parade myself) and told her that if she just watched the parade she could see all of those cool things and get candy so maybe we should just do that instead of walking in it. She looked at me with the most serious look and said "oh but mom, I've never in my whole life been IN a parade before. I want to be IN it." That's my little drama queen. If I could just convey the "never in my WHOLE life" just the way she said it; it was hilarious. So needless to say, we walked in the parade.
I was actually really glad that we did participate. As we were getting ready to start, the guy organizing things gathered everyone together and we had some prayer time. He prayed and thanked God for this opportunity to be like Jesus praising and spreading His word in the streets of our town. I never thought of it that way. We had loud praise music blaring explaining how we are now free, broken from the chains of this world and from sin's power over us. I've proclaimed those things the streets of other countries before but I was very grateful for the opportunity right here in my own town and for my kids to be a part of it with me. WOW, that Emma, she knew what she was doing.

Jackson was ready to get that candy flying!

Can't you just hear his little mind, "maybe just one for myself real quick before Mom sees."

Emma got tired toward the end and decided to ride but she had that princess wave down pat!

Jackson saw that Daddy was taking a turn driving the bus so of course he had to check it out.

I loved that young and old participated in this and we all had fun together. Even the bus ride back to he starting line was quite an adventure!
Take opportunities to share. If you don't, you never know when or if your next one will be.
PS - we got first place on our float!

2 comments:
Yeah! New pictures!
I love Jackson contemplating! How fun!
Never in my WHOLE life! God uses them sometimes to make such a difference, and they don't even realize it. :)
Her hair is LONG!!
I love the picture on the bus! The woman sitting across from you looks a little like my mom! Did she just come down and jump on your bus to be in the parade?!
Thanks for the reminder that opportunities abound.
Love,
Us
Thanks for being in the parade!!! :)
Post a Comment