Friday, August 22, 2008

KINDERGARTEN!!!

My kindergarten beauty

Emma was so excited and nervous all at the same time. She's been acting up really bad for the past two weeks and I think a lot of it had to do with being so nervous and not knowing what to do with all of that nervous energy. BUT...... now here she is, my big girl!!

She had to pick out a special outfit and everything.

The first day was such a blessing. As most of you know her schedule is all day Monday & Wednesday and half day Fridays. Well this week for the first day (Monday) we just had chapel. I was so overwhelmed by so many things that day but chapel was a wonderful way to start a very emotional day. I love that the whole school got together to talk a bout the theme verse for the year and pray that God would watch over them and protect them and amongst learning their basic knowledge, grow closer to God through learning and memorizing scripture. I know that God does not put Christian school on everyone's heart and I'm totally fine with that but I 'm more certain everyday that He put it on ours and I'm thankful. Now as for the money....... I'm just not gonna think about it :)

I was telling my friend how I was totally over analyzing the whole first day thing and how this starts a very long journey in Emma's life. I'm thinking about it this way, never will we go back to all day everyday all year together. We wish for that at crazy times when I'm getting screamed at with "I DON'T LIKE YOU TODAY!!!!!!" but of course I love her and I'm missing her while she's gone. I am comforted by her amazing teacher and the fact that God is invited into every day at school with her publicly. I think she's a kid that's gonna need that. BTW - Jackson is missing her too. He's trying to cram in a whole day's worth of pestering into 5 hours and he's exhausted :)

Well, Wednesday was her first full day of school and she was WAY excited for this day. She had the menu for her first day bringing her lunch to school all planned out for weeks. Get this - Hot dog, Salad, Apple & Water. She cracks me up. Very random but all things she loves. I was pretty proud of myself with the crying part. ON the way to school every year we've picked a spot to pray for her day and her teacher and I almost lost it while driving and she goes "Are you crying??" in that "not again" voice and I pulled it back together and then I walked her into school, helped her with her book bag, kissed her goodbye and then cried once I got back to the car. I guess that's goo right :)

Here's Emma her second day; VERY proud of that new lunch box :)If anyone wants to cry, get Karen Kingsbury's book Let Me Hold You Longer. All about how we celebrate all of the kids "firsts" and how we don't think about the "lasts." I thought about that as we drove to school. Our last first day of Kindergarten with Emma, NOPE, not gonna cry again..... well right now anyway :)

5 comments:

MamaDuck76 said...

Your kids are going to love reading all of your thoughts someday, Angie :)

I love that first day lunch menu; it's pretty creative! I don't know many kids who get excited about salad.

It cracks me up to hear that Jackson is cramming in all his pestering into a short time...poor Emma!

Kat said...

I'm such a sap...I cried reading this!!! Why? She's not my child! :) Ha...

I guess I'm just realizing how quickly their childhood zooms past. I am so glad I've finally listened to God (and my friends) and am staying home with Sami. I want to cherish every moment with her that I can.

Thanks for the reminder! ;)

Jenni said...

Our little girl is a big girl now! She looks so grown up!

What a wonderful idea to pray on the way to school. Gets her in the right frame of mind to get to the door. :) As always, I will likely steal your ideas in raising my own. :)

All of these things remind me to enjoy the whining of "mumumumum" and desire for snuggle time when I have to bring her to work with me. Thanks for that reminder.

MamaDuck76 said...

I love the new header! Fun!

Carrie said...

Wow, it has been too long since I have read your blog. I can't believe I missed all of this.

She does look so grown up, and I too cried reading this! :) It seems like it was just yesterday, you were telling us you were pregnant with her. It's seriously amazing how fast time goes by- and a bit scary.

I can totally relate to you and how "emotional" it was- and I wasn't even sending Taylor for school everyday! I too, had to keep it together in front of my child.

Anyway, I am so glad it went well, and will be praying for you guys and this new transition!