Thursday, August 28, 2008

I'm having a new addiction problem

COUPONS!!!

My friends Kat, Karen and Dawn have got me started on some big time bargain shopping. I went shopping with Karen and Kat last week and I stood in awe as the total purchase went down and down and down as the coupons were scanned.

I've always tried to clip coupons and never understood how people would save so much money at it. I would look in the Post Tribune and there were a few coupons I could use but never anything much. Well, I was just looking in the wrong places! I didn't realize that there are several websites where you can print coupons at home and they'll still take them. I had signed up for one site before but all I got was spam e-mail. Well, I'm excited now because I have some great sites I use and I'm taking my first trip with all my new coupons tonight. We'll have to see how I do :)

If you're interested here are a few of the sights I use (thanks to my girls!)

moneysavingmom

coupons.com

afullcup

smartsource.com or smartsource with CVS tips

Plus, the Chicago Tribune is THE BEST for coupons. (in our area)

5 comments:

Kat said...

Whoo hoo for *the* shopping!!! Can't wait to see you in action with your new found wisdom!!!

Kat said...

Well you learned really well! Wasn't it so fun to watch the total go down??? All of that searching paid off! :)

MamaDuck76 said...

Karen has been the addiction enabler for all of us! I would love to go shopping with her just once to see what tricks I could learn by seeing her in action!

So, how did it go last night?

Jenni said...

I'll have to check the Tribune next time I'm in town. ;)

Which, by the way, is 5 weeks and 2 days!! :) :) :)

Carrie said...

This is awesome! Wow, I had no idea. I might have to give this a try, if I can get myself this organized.