
So you see this face. It's the face of disaster and love and ornery and sweetness and messy and clever and a thousand little "i love you's."
Sometimes he astonishes me. Tonight was another time. We took the kids out to visit my mom's friends Pam & Randy and the kids got the speech that they always get before visiting someone. It goes something like this "it is rude to ask people for snacks when you go to their house so if they ask you if you want one it is OK but don't ask them first." Well, we're visiting for a little while and Jackson walks up to Pam and says "I think you want to ask me something" and Pam says "I do, what would that be?" and Jackson says "I think you want to ask me if I want a snack." I about fell over laughing and so did everyone else. How can you punish him? He didn't ask for a snack right?!?! He's getting way too clever for me!
He's going through this "phase" where he just loves to get under Emma's skin. No matter what she says, he disagrees. It is completely ridiculous and I think I might just pull my hair out!! But along with that he is also going through a really cute "i love you" phase. He'll come up to one of us completely out of the blue and say it in the sweetest little voice you've ever heard. After his antics tonight I'm wondering if he's just clever enough to know that we might really sell him to the zoo as his book says if he doesn't counteract it with that sweetness. I guess I'll never know but I'll take those sweet little "i love you's" as long as I can get them :)

4 comments:
Ha! Really, how could you punish him for being so clever? That's awfully cute! Did it work?
Who can say no to that face?
Geez, how could you EVER get mad at a darling face like that. The picture of innocence!!!! His brain is working all the time. Mom, try and stay ahead of that!!
way to go! i love it! he's pretty much the best kid ever, got some steep competition w/ that beautiful sister though ;) gotta love 'em! that's awesome!
Post a Comment