
As he got in the plane it was almost amazing to see the similarities between Jack and Jackson. Of course Jackson insisted on sitting in the co-pilot seat. That made me very nervous because he had all of those fun buttons right there in his reach but once I saw the look of awe in his eye I knew he was going to be a little angel. As Craig started up the plane Jackson did not stare out at the propeller as most would do. He concentrated on all of the gauges and levers and I could just see all of the wheels in his little head turning as he was taking it all in and trying to figure out how it worked. Just like his daddy.
Craig's plane has headsets with microphones so we all got to wear them so we could hear each other better. Well.... Jackson has been going through a gross boy stage where every bodily function is not only hilarious to do but also to talk about. So, of course, he decides it would be funny to burp into the microphone and then announces to everyone "Ha, I burped." We always try to keep a straight face and tell him that is it not funny but this time we just couldn't help but laugh.

As we flew Craig took us over some windmills and then through some clouds. As we did this Jackson thought of his papa Roger. My dad always plays with the kids on the swing set and Jackson always tells dad to push him higher. Dad, in response, will ask Jackson if he wants to go "high as the sky" then they continue with what things they should watch out for; birds, helicopters, clouds etc. When he saw the clouds Jackson said "we're REALLY as high as the sky!! Can I call papa??" My dad just about smiled his whole face off when I told him that.
I'm so thankful for this community and not only the opportunities like this one to have a friend in the community to take us on a free ride but also for the memories we are getting to make with our kids right along side our parents and grandparents. Priceless!




2 comments:
Now THAT is cool! What fun family memories you're making. Kids really do say the best things...that ought to keep Papa Roger smiling for a long time to come! *Ü*
I loved those pics. Very good post Ang. IT seriously got me choked up. What an awesome thing to be able to do.
Post a Comment