Monday, June 30, 2008

The Beach












Well now that I don't have such a CRAZY week I can actually get caught up on some blogging. VBS pretty much kicked my butt last week but it was lots of fun!

Last Thursday we got to go to the beach with our friends Melissa, Zoe & Kate. I haven't been up to the dunes at lake Michigan since I was in high school. I forgot how fun it can be!! I also forgot a few other things...........

I forgot that right when you walk in the water it drops off. So, we get there and I start to lay out a blanket and get out the sunscreen. Emma was up first for lathering so I start to do that with her and I see Jackson putting his feet in the water and I figure that's OK because I'm not that far away and it's only up to his ankles. Well, I was wrong since I forgot that about a foot out the water drops off. Even at the drop off it isn't over his head but since he didn't expect it to, he slipped and went under the water and of course freaked out and didn't try to stand up. I had to run out and get him before he drowned. If you ask him how he liked the beach he'll tell you "It was fun but I a little bit drowned."

So the other thing I forgot was the sunscreen. After the whole drowning fiasco I was so worried about getting Jackson all calmed down and tried to make sure he was OK that I forgot to go back to what I was doing when that happen and we all got sunburned. Emma had sunscreen everywhere but her face so she wasn't so bad but Jackson and I got fried. Its a wonder he even wants to go back to the beach after bad mommy almost let him drown and then let him get fried in the sun.

All in all it was a fun trip to the beach and I'm sure we're going to be doing it again soon because the kids loved it and it was so nice for me because it was a day of not much fighting and refereeing. We'll just make sure we do it a little better next time :)

PS - the wonderful pictures were taken by my amazing friend Melissa.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Wow! Under the water swimming and everything! That's great!

Ok, must stop looking at these pics. Want to go swimming at the beach. The real beach, with a real lake. A reservoir doesn't count!