Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Jackson Caught a Big One!!


Well here with go with another "like father like son moment." Last Saturday morning Jackson got to go on his first fishing trip with Daddy and Papa Roger. Dad and Jack were planning to go early in the morning and then all of a sudden Jack's waking me up asking if Jackson could go. I guess he had got out there with my Dad and Dad said "we're not gonna be gone too long, do you think we could take Gunther?" (That's what my Dad calls Jackson because in the summer his hair glows in the sun like Gunther from Friends :)



As you can see Jackson was pretty excited about it and I, without even realizing, had packed their matching Bass Pro t-shirts. How perfect!!



Papa says he's gonna start Jackson early teaching him how to fish so he'll learn all of the tricks and then make us a bunch of money as a pro fisherman. I figure why not, he was born in Kalamazoo and that's where Kevin VanDam lives and he's the best, so maybe there was something in the water there that Jackson got :)



Some of the ones he caught were little.......



And one was BIG!!!!

All in all, I think Jack was pretty excited to get to a point where he was able to share something that he loves with Jackson. He's still a pretty big handful and of course he did fall in the live well once and got his shorts all wet but Jack said it was worth it!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

What a special daddy and Jackson thing! Perfect for Father's Day! :)

MamaDuck76 said...

Good job, Jackson! I've never caught a fish that big...be proud of yourself!

Mary said...

Where is Jack's fish???? Good for the three generations to be together enjoying "man" things.