I will confess, I didn't do a great job over the weekend. We celebrated the kids birthday on Saturday and were gone most of the day and then I spent a lot of time working on things for our adoption. Laila went on the potty some and did some of her exercises but normal life is hard!! When I'm here and she's my sole focus it is easy to make sure she is on the potty but at home.... Anyway, I already knew and prepared myself that we're going to do it at our own pace. I know she can do it and hopefully little by little she will begin to tell me more and more but for now we're going to do the best we can.
I think Laila knew it was the start of a new session today because she was super lazy for me this morning before school and when we got to school she already had a wet diaper which is crazy because that's the first time it's been wet in the morning! Again, I knew this day would come and go and progress with her comes and goes and there are good days and bad days. My how I've grown up in the last two years! (Yes, I'm talking about me, not her!) She did have a bravo at school today which is good. I really feel also like she is so much like me in the fact that she likes her routine and when it is broken she doesn't know quite what to do. Hopefully once we get home we'll get things going good for summer time as she'll only have 1.5 weeks of preschool left by the time we're back.
OK so now for the fun news! Andrea (program director) was the one that was walking out with Laila today to bring her to me. She was using the walker again (so fun!) and was doing pretty well, not her best but good. Andrea asked me what type of walker we use at home and I told her we don't have one yet. She said "well I'm going to make some calls because she is doing so good here with the walker, she must go home with one!" Yay!! I remember sitting in our final conference last session and her telling me she wasn't ready for any type of walker and I asked if she saw potential for walking (which others have said not possible) and she didn't really give me a straight answer which was discouraging. Just six months later she's insisting she has a walker!
Some look at us and think we're crazy and some look at us with pity but I have to tell you that we are the lucky ones. Laila gives us the opportunity to see God's hand at work constantly. We get to rejoice over things that just come natural to others. We get to know and be a part of amazing programs changing lives for kids that would not otherwise have a chance. What a blessing it is for us to be a part of a life that is so wonderful and awe striking. Thank you God for each and every one of our amazing children!
I tried to spare the "indecent" parts ;) but here is a picture of Laila sitting on the potty after school today. How about those straight arms?!!?
Tuesday, May 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment