Thursday, May 3, 2012
Session Two: Day 12
ANOTHER dry day at school! We didn't have as good of luck and had one wet diaper back here this evening but we did have another poop and pee on the potty as well. Again, I'm just amazed that she is going at all so I'll take it. We've been sitting her on the potty for six months without success and I'm so thankful for at least the possibility that she'll go when I sit her on there now!
She's just doing amazing. I LOVE getting to see her try walking with the walker and love that it's not a walker that basically does everything for her besides move her feet. She's got to hold her own weight and stay upright. I'm hoping we can find a good option for us for back home. We've tried a few different walkers but it's just so hard because most of the ones her other therapist use give her so much support which is nice for her but could hinder her to be able to do these on her own someday. I used to think decisions for Emma and Jackson were so tough but they are mostly a piece of cake compared to trying to figure out what's best for this little one!
Tomorrow we'll be heading home right after school to spend the weekend celebrating birthdays. Our home computer died (again) but apparently the wireless is still working so I can post from the laptop if something really exciting happens tomorrow :) There is no school at CLC on Monday because it is the start of a new session and they always take the first day for the conductors to rearrange the classroom and work on the new theme for the next month.
May or may not post again over the weekend. Thanks again for following along with us and being excited for Laila. What a gift to be able to see a miracle in her firsthand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I love this picture. She looks older somehow. Like she is growing up by sitting on the potty. So proud of all the new accomplishments. I know you will figure out how to implement these changes at home.
Post a Comment