Thursday, May 3, 2012
Nine days till the run!
I finally went downtown and braved running outside today. After getting into the groove of running back home and then finally getting used to running at East Hills here in Grand Rapids I figured with only nine days to go I better start running outside finally. I had been able to do four miles on the treadmill so I was pretty confident that could do the 3.1 outside with the few small hills. For the most part it went really well. I did have to stop a walk some because the sixth street bridge is closed (hope they open it soon!) and since I was trying to run the actual 5K course I wasn't sure where to go! I found a path that goes along the river and made my way back to a bridge that was actually open and ran the rest of the way. I was disappointed that I had to walk but then I decided to run back to my car but got all turned around and ended up running up some of those steep hills downtown. People probably thought I was a crazy person. I think I ran past the same group of teenagers three times! HA! Anyway, I'm counting this run as a success and hoping I made up some of that walking time while I was running around lost. Guess that the downside of coming for the run from out of town but it was an adventure! :)
We've also been so excited to meet and exceed our fundraising goal again! Still time to donate!! active.com/donations/teamclc/legsforlaila
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment