We've been home for a week and Laila is doing GREAT! Sorry to always talk about potty training but I think I'm just still so in shock I think I have to talk about it before she decides to regress! I know that's not positive thinking but again, still in shock. She is still in pull-ups because it's rare that she tells me that she needs to go but she goes every time I sit her on there and yells "I PEED!!" She is also mostly pooping on the potty one time during the day so no yucky dirty diapers (although cleaning out the potty isn't pleasant).
Her walking and standing are doing great as well. It's so very interesting to see how different she does with people that don't expect it of her. I was just telling Jack today that I have truly seen with my own eyes how much influence parents and caregivers have in the progress children make. If she's with people that don't want to take the time with her, don't see her the way I do, don't expect anything of her then she doesn't use the potty, doesn't eat and doesn't hold any of her weight to stand or walk. She so stinking smart, she knows. I'm so thankful that CLC gave me the opportunity to see her the way she truly is.
Her arms are SOOO much better. She's keeping beautiful straight arms when holding onto the ladder back chair and also when she's playing. It is such a joy be able to sit her in her bumbo chair in her room to play with toys in her toybox. She loves to sit next to it and pull everything out. I've also learned she's the perfect height to sit in her wheelchair and play in the towel drawer in the kitchen. She can pull it out and hold onto the edge with one hand to stabilize herself and then pull everything out with the other hand.
Her speech continues to develop wonderfully. Today at the doctor she said "Dr. Brewer took my temperature in my mouth." She's just amazing and speech makes all the difference in the world.
I'm very happy that I get her for the summer to really work on some of this. Thanks for following our journey at CLC again with session. I hope you found it inspiring and informative.
Thursday, May 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Looking forward to some Laila time to see it all for myself! but these pictures are amazing. We have a bean table now... maybe the girls can play with it while you are here. :) I'm so proud of you for believing in who Laila really is, and challenging her to take the next steps (literally!).
Post a Comment