Saturday, July 17, 2010

Fun Saturday

Jack’s cousin Brian got married today so since Laila already had a nurse scheduled for the day we decided that we would go ahead and go.  It was hard but I thought it might be good for her since she knows the nurses really well and it was just way too hot for her to be able to go with us.

Jackson helping nurse Sharon with the morning vitals :)

July 10 003

The rest of us went out to the Warsaw area and celebrated with Brian & Laurel.  They got married on a boat in the middle of the lake and then had their reception on a huge dining boat on Wawasee.  It was a beautiful way to celebrate.

Jack & I on the upper deck soaking up some sun.

July 10 004

When we all got back home Sharon said Laila had a good day so we decided to go and have some fun taking her swimming at the Peterson’s.  They are so nice to let us use their pool all the time, even when they’re not home!  Thanks guys!!

July 10 007

July 10 010

Laila liked the water and kicked and splashed.  She also got some good leg exercise by being able to stand straight up on my legs for several minutes at a time.  I forgot to mention yesterday that she got mad that the kids had walked away and were in the bathroom brushing her teeth so she started to throw a fit.  I put her on all fours (with support) and told her if she wanted to see them that she would have to try to crawl to them.  She was actually doing a great job holding her weight and even army crawled a little.  I can’t wait to have her therapy review on Tuesday and get things rolling with the new therapists.  Only one of her four therapists was able to transfer up to our home so we have some work to do to get everything set up again.

Speaking of swimming, I’ve been waiting to post a great big GOOD JOB to both Emma and Jackson for the amazing way their swimming skills have improved this summer.  Emma just finished her second two-week session of swim lessons.  Last year she took one session and passed from Red Cross level 2 to level 3.  This past session she passed from level 5 to level 6.  She is doing amazing!  Check her out!

I think the biggest shock this summer was Jackson.  He has been so different from Emma the past few years.  At the age of three she was jumping off the boat with no fear going under the water and everything.  Jackson hasn’t been like that.  In this past month he has gotten over his fear tremendously!  He is now jumping into the shallow end all on his own, going down the slide on his own with his life jacket and now can keep up with the bigger kids playing on who can stay under the longest.  I’m so proud of the way he has overcome his fears!  We have one more swim lesson session to go through this summer and it’s the one that I had signed Jackson up for as well.  I’m so excited to see what he’ll be doing by the end of that!  Great job buddy!!

July 10 012

3 comments:

Steigenbergs said...

I LOVE the picture of Mommy and Daddy on the boat. :)

Now on to the kids... :)

Jackson, congrats, buddy! You can stay under water longer than your sister... at least on camara.

Em... you stayed under for a long time, and you had just been swimming across the pool. That's great!!

Laila... Sounds like you wanted to get in on the action with the bigger kids' competition! I love the watermelon suit!!

Praise God for wonderful friends who step in to help with whatever they can, right when it is needed.

I've decided we need some Peterson friends in our neighborhood. That pool looks AWESOME!!! :) Or maybe we should just move to your neighborhood? I'm ok with that too, okay God? :)

Nice to see smiling faces and drenched kids. :)

Love you!

Anonymous said...

These are great picutres and videos! ~Karen

Kat said...

Oooo little Hamstra fish! ;)