Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Wizard of Oz Festival 2008

We started a tradition last year of going the Wizard of Oz Festival in Valparaiso/Chesterton. When we found out about it last year tickets to "Dorothy's Birthday Party" were all sold out so this year I actually thought early and got some tickets. It was very windy that day because of the hurricane effects coming through so we didn't do much of the activities outside but we did get to enjoy the birthday party. They had pizza, cake, drinks and a photo-op with all the characters. Jack and I thought it was actually a bit cheesy but of course the kids loved it!

I took a few pictures of the kids before we left that morning. I can't believe Jackson actually looked at the camera and wore his hat!! Maybe there is hope for good pictures after all :)

Emma had a very tough time deciding whether she wanted to be Dorothy or Glinda but as you can see she ended up with Dorothy.
She even got to meet the "real" Dorothy ;)
Why not throw your little dog in a basket and call her Toto?!?

3 comments:

Mary said...

Wonderful, wonderful pics! The kids look so cute. I bet they did love it!! Thanks for all the great pics Angie.

Kat said...

Those are wonderful pics! Glad you guys had fun...
Oh...and I LOVE the basket! :) (he,he!)

Jenni said...

They look so serious about being part of the show. :) How fun.

So ... did the "real" Dorothy have a real dog in her basket?

Yeah! I like Maggie pictures. :) Can't wait to see her. And the rest of ya too! :)