
Emma had a friend from school ask her to go to the Purdue University football game last weekend. I'm actually not much for letting her go with people from school. Just paranoid I guess :) but Jack knows her mom from school (who doesn't he know around here!!) and felt it would be OK for her to go. I reluctantly dropped her off at Halle's house Saturday morning at 7:30. She was also a little apprehensive but was excited to see this BIG drum that daddy had been telling about. She and Halle got all packed up in the truck as you can see. She said she had a very fun time and Halle's mom even bought her a Boilermaker foam hammer!
After I dropped her off I went back home to pack for our adventure weekend to Indianapolis. I got meet my friend Lisa for breakfast that morning as well since she was in town. I always love to get to spend time with her!! This time she came into town with no kids or husband so just the two of us got to sit and talk and laugh for a little over an hour. So fun!
Jack and I dropped Jackson off to Grandma Kathy and then headed on our way to Indy. I know it sounds weird but one thing I miss about not living in Michigan anymore
is the car ride to and from Indiana. Whenever Jack and I get in the car together we never turn the radio on. We just sit and talk and talk. For those of you that don't know, Jack and I met on a trip to Florida and the whole 16 hour ride home we both stayed up and talked and got to know each other. I guess maybe it's just our thing. With the busyness of work and kids and church and family, it was so nice to get in the car together for that ride to Indy.Our first stop was to see our good friends Keith and Tara. They had just had a baby boy, Dylan, and we couldn't wait to see him. He was such a cutie and their little boy Tyler, who is almost two, was also a lot of fun to play with. We tried to give him some extra attention since we know how it can be when a little brother comes along.
After visiting them we went on to Jack's Aunt Stacey's house where we met up with Tom, Stacey and Kevin to go out to BW's for some wings. Of course the guys were all into the games on the 30 million TV's they have there so Stacey and I were able to catch up on the new job she has and all of the intense training that she's been doing. Sounds like A LOT of work but sounds like it will be very rewarding and she'll get to be home more which will be nice. We had a lot of fun visiting and played cards into the night but then it was time for some rest before the big day :)
We got up Sunday morning and got ready and Uncle Tom, Kevin, Jack and I headed over to Wendy's to meet up with everyone before tailgating. We got to meet the newest little Rosenberger, Trevor. He looks just like his big brother Thomas! We all got together for a few shots in Pete & Wendy's front yard before we left. Some sweet and some crazy, just like the people in the Hamstra group :)
Sweet
Tailgating was a lot of fun with Pete being the master chef, as he is the professional tailgater. We enjoyed a lot of conversation and a few games of bean bags. To me, tailgating just makes the game. Having the time to visit with one another and just having a cookout is the best!Pete
We got to walk over to the amazing new Colts stadium and enjoy checking everything out for a while before the game. It is HUGE and has an amazing view from pretty much anywhere including while your out to get a snack. We, of course, had tickets in the nose bleed section because we're all poor :( That doesn't really bother me ( the nose bleed part, not the poor part) usually except this time it seems that the air vents are up there and froze us to death. No seriously, I literally looked over at my mother-in-law and thought she might actually keel over!! She's naturally a cold person anyway but in that situation, she was FROZEN.This is right when you walk in the front door!
The Colts ending up losing in the last few seconds of the game which was very disappointing but it was still a great experience. It's so nice to have opportunities to visit with family such as this. Jack's cousin Brian happen to be on leave from Iraq so it was so great to visit with him and there are a few others in the family that are going through some hard times so it was nice to talk and encourage them and just see them have some fun. We had been doing these games every year but then last year we weren't able to. I'm hoping the tradition has started again.






2 comments:
Sounds like you had a lot of fun! :)
Wow, my head is just spinning from the "busyness" of that post! What a weekend!
I'd be nervous sending my child that far from home with another family, too. Alex might be 21 before I let him go ;)
Post a Comment