So I thought I would share a few of my favorite deals that I've done over the past few weeks as I am now at this coupon thing full force :)
Target last week:
Iams dog food 12.19
(3)Johnson's Buddies soap 2.97
5 pack spiral notebook 0.12 (75% clearance, yeah baby!)
-$7.00 Iams coupon requested from their website (thanks Dawn!!)
-$5.00 Target Iams coupon from afullcup.com
-$3.00 Johnson's $3 off 3 coupon
Subtotal before tax $0.28!!! Total $1 with tax AND THEN I paid that with the gift card I had received from the week before where if you bought 4 Kashi products for $11 they gave you a $5 gift card and I had $6 in Kashi coupons that time so I got those for free as well! I still have $4 on my gift card to play with next time!!
Walmart last week:
My favorite thing about Walmart (besides the low low prices) is that they are one of the only stores that price match. I've started going through every sale paper and I have a notebook (insert your nerd comment here) where I write the prices and then just do all my shopping at Walmart but get the other store's prices. Unless..... if the store has their own coupons that I can match with a manufacturer coupon I go there (hence the target dog food). Anway.......
Kotex .97
-$1 off coupon
= free!
(Kat - I think pads are going to be the thing I'm banned from "buying" soon)
Smart Ones
price matched to County Market for .99 each bought 5 = 4.95
smart one dessert 1.98
-3 off if you buy 5 smart ones
-1.98 from one free dessert if you buy five meals coupon.
=1.95 for five meals and one dessert!
CVS from last week:
Excedrin 3.99
paid 3.99
got 3.99 extra bucks (like cash for your next transaction)
= free
Aleve 3.99
(3)Purex Detergent 8.97
-.50 off one purex
-1.00 off two purex
-1.00 off Aleve
-2.00 off at 10.00 purchase CVS coupon
-3.99 extra buck from above
-4.00 extra buck from the week before
=.47 before tax
earned $6 in extra bucks for next time
I know this is probably boring to the rest of you but it is exciting to me. I can't believe that just a little bit of my time (and ink in my printer) can save me so much money. I have a trip to Walgreens mapped out for this afternoon that should be pretty good. I went there a few weeks ago and spent $39 for $107 worth of stuff and then they gave me $32 to spend the next time and those are expiring this weekend so I'm hoping to use those up today and get stuff and more rewards for next time.
Sorry to bore you with my nerdiness :)
Stay tuned for the Purdue and Colts game coverage...........
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
This is not boring but I am LOST! You are doing great.
You wrote the prices down in a notebook? Are you one of those nerds who wanders up and down the aisles writing stuff down too? Yikes! ;)
Oh, yeah. I'm proud of you. Good work. Just start working on baby food and cereal for when I get there. :)
Love,
Me
AWESOME deals! You're doing better at this game than I am, Angie!
I'm amazed by the Smart Ones - that's impressive.
If you want any Soy Joy bars from CVS, I've got 6 coupons for those...and they contain dairy, so we won't be using them here. It comes to 20 cents or less per bar.
By the way, I'm going to be banned from buying Kotex for a while, too. ;)
He,he!!! Well obviously it wasn't too boring because people are reading and commenting! :)
I ended up going shopping by myself last night. It was strange, but pretty quick!
At Target I found some of those Colgate 360 toothbrushes on a clearance rack marked down from $5 to $2.50. I had a $1 off Target and $1 off Manufactor!!! 50 cents!!!!
Then they had a Garnier Fructis shampoo with a styling product for $1.48, so I used a $1 off Q and got it for 48 cents!!!! Now...I must be honest I won't use the styling product, but Micah will...so off it goes to his house! :)
Keep up the good work, but I'm hoping we can start going together again!
K so I really have to start doing this!!!! You might have to come give me a lesson or 2 though! It's awesome!
Post a Comment