I got to go on two fields trip in the past few weeks! I love getting to go and experience these things with the kids and learn right along with them. It did take a little divine intervention to get me to have someone for Laila for both of them but it actually happen!!
First I went with Jackson’s preschool class to go and visit the Sandhill Cranes. I have always heard about the fact that they make a stop over in Wheatfield on their way flying south for the winter but I had never actually made it out there to see them.
The game preserve has a free observation deck where you can go out and see where the birds are out in the field so we trecked out there to check them out. Jackson’s teacher is so creative and fun. She made all of the kids these little goggles out of toilet paper rolls so they could “see better".”
Of course mommies can have fun too!! :)
After seeing the cranes and learning about them we headed over to the pumpkin patch and picked some out for halloween. Jackson was very excited because Grandma Kathy had already got each kid a pumpkins so now he’s the only one who has two!!
Mrs. Friend did their bible story and bible memory out at the pumpkin patch that day. VERY fun! She talked about how all of use have yucky stuff in our lives but how Jesus can help us become clean.
Then the next week I got to go with Emma on her field trip to Buckley Homestead. This was the one where divine intervention was called in. I quadruple booked myself that morning and the nursing agency conveniently never got a nurse for me for Laila. Crazy, but I ended up getting to do everything I needed to that morning. Thank you God for giving me my mom!!!
Buckley Homstead is a little farm that shows the kids what life was like long ago. Boy did they thank their lucky stars that they don’t still have to do chores like those!!! It was amazing that I was able to go that day because just that morning we got word that the mom of one of the boys in Emma’s class had tragically died that morning. She told me as soon as I got there (I had already known) and she desperately clung to my side that whole day.
2nd Grade Class ready to go!!
Sitting in the school house.
What a blessing it is to be able to spend this wonderful time with my kiddos. I’m so thankful God has allowed me to be able to be home with them and, for now, have some extra help with Laila so I can still be able to go on trips like this.

2 comments:
I'm so glad that you are able to go on these trips with your kids! I can't imagine having to miss them...
Your mom is great...you are so lucky that she is so close!
Praise God for Mom, and for the way He works things out, especially with what He already knew would happen, and knowing her sweet spirit, it was good for you to be there.
Is Erin in Jackson's preschool class? :)
Love all the pics!
Post a Comment