So I’m completely overwhelmed even thinking about posting about every little thing that has happen since I last wrote on here. I really think God was protecting us because the computer crashed and was down for almost a month and then we had some inappropriate contact from Laila’s birth parents and so our lawyer advised us not to have a bunch of mass information out there about our adoption until 30 days after it is final. So, I’ll be giving a little more info on here but now at least I know who you all are and will hunt you down if you are the one passing along info to her birth parents ;)
Emma & Jackson have both started school and are LOVING it. Last year Jackson cried because he didn’t want to go to school and this year he cries on the days he doesn’t have school because he wants to go! He’s the one who’s had the most struggle adjusting to having Laila around but I guess it’s to be expected since he is no longer the youngest. He LOVES her and is so smart when it comes to taking care of her and loves to help so it’s not resentment, I just think he’s a kid that takes awhile to acclimate to change. He’s very tender hearted and I love that about him :)
We’ve had some adventures with Laila but all the while God’s continuing to teach us how to care for her. She has a surgery for a kidney stone in August and two trips to Riley (including one three day stay) from sickness this month but she’s a trooper and we have some great friends and family that have helped tons! Like I said, we’re not gonna give specifics about the dates of the adoption but things are moving right along and our lawyer says it will be final by the end of the year. I almost cry every time I think about standing in that court room and it finally being real. I had to go to my first court hearing this morning (just a case review) and I was talking with my case worker about what I feel that I’ll say on the adoption day if the judge asks me “why her?” The only thing I can come up with is that she’s my daughter. She was always supposed to be with us. From the first few hours after we met her Jack and I both knew. She’s so much more to me than what other people see and without sounding creepy, I can feel into my soul the love I have for her when I hold her.
Anyway, here’s the fun part :)
My little Angel
Golf cart ride at Papa Roger’s lake
At Papa Roger’s beach
Fun at Aunt Carol’s for the Bierma Family reunion
Laila’s first boat ride
Love that face :)
INDIANA BEACH!!!!!!
Gma & Papa stopped by IB to say hi after fishing
Silly girls
Jackson LOVED the roller coasters this year!
Watch out!! Crazy driver!!
Papa loves to read to Laila (and all the kids!)
Jackson’s first day of preschool (at DMC)
Laila loves to color during homework time
Boat church at Papa Tom’s lake
Laila’s first Boat ride on Dewart Lake
All those crazy Hamstras :)
Looks like I was worried about her not liking the life jacket for nothing!
On Papa Tom’s boat
The three amigos
I love this picture :)
Jackson’s big catch!
Emma got to spend her first few days alone with Papa at the lake this summer. Fun time fishing :)
Emma & I with our new hairdos
Me & my daddy fishing :)
Emma trying on clothes on our date night. She’s getting so stylish!
The kids checking out the new laptop playing PBS kids.
The laptop has really helped to get Laila’s attention to keep her head up in her stander. She’s watching Curious George. (ps – her therapist is talking about ordering a gate trainer. This is the first step to walking. God is good!!)
My little trooper in the hospital
Jackson had to lay by his sister to make sure she was OK ;)
So there’s the REALLY condensed version of our past few months. Thanks for being willing the share the journey of our life with us. We’re blessed to have you in our lives :)

1 comment:
YEAH!!!! I know we talk all the time, but I don't get to SEE any of you at all, and this just helps me get a little fix. Thanks for sharing it all with us. :)
By the way, Um... Jack... Try not to throw Emma OUT of the pool. :)
Oh, and the look on Daddy's face when Jackson is driving him in the roller coaster... priceless!
One last thing... this is silly, but it is nice to see my friend again, the one who is usually behind the camera. You look awesome!
Love you!!
Jenni
Post a Comment