Monday, September 27, 2010

Summer of Fun Update

(I wrote this one right before our computer crashed so here’s this one but I’m working on a big one to sum up the past few months.)

Of course there have continued to be several trips to McDonald’s (including the play place!!), trips for ice cream, and trips for small toys for money earned on the good behavior chart this summer but last Friday was one of the BIG prizes for the summer.  CHUCKY CHEESE!!!  Woohoo!

I used to dread trips to Chucky Cheese until I figured out a few secrets.  Weekday mornings right when they open at 10am there’s nobody there!  We will only go at this time and we always have a great time.  We never, ever go on a Saturday.  oooh, I shudder at the thought! ;)

I have also figured out that I can get by on $15 and the kids play for around two hours.  We use the $15 coupon that is buy 60 tokens get 40 free so each kids gets 50 tokens.  I know one day soon they’ll be more interested in getting tickets and go through the tokens a lot faster but for now it’s great!  I usually end up using a few tokens for myself just to get through them faster (and because I secretly love playing the pop the bubbles game!)

Here are a few pictures of the kids favorite games.

Aug 10 004 Aug 10 001 Aug 10 002 Aug 10 003

Also, I just had to share these pictures of the kids tan lines.  These are actually faded a little but we have spent a lot of time in the pool this summer.  We’re finishing up swim lessons this week and have spent a lot of time in Miss Chanda & Grandma Kathy’s pools.  Lots of fun!

Aug 10 013 Aug 10 012

This week we’re spending the day with Aunt Jill tomorrow, finishing up swim lessons and going to a Christmas in August party on Saturday.  Next week……… drum roll please……… INDIANA BEACH!!!  We’re gonna finish out the summer of fun with a bang :)

1 comment:

Steigenbergs said...

Yeah! I'm so excited to see pictures of my kiddos again! :)

What is the pop the bubbles game? I just have to know!

Tan lines are fun. :) They are definitely fish. I love it!!

Thanks for the update!!