Sunday, February 12, 2012

Legs for Laila


Laila's school in Michigan was picked as one of the charity partners for the Fifth Third Charity Riverbank Run in Grand Rapids, MI this year. So guess who's running.......

Deciding to do this run made me think back to my blog when we were at CLC last when I had come home and decided to take my sister's exercise class.  You can read about it here.  Anyway, I basically realized that Laila has to work so hard for everything she does and I can't even motivate myself to exercise!  I can say that since then I have been attending my sister's classes on the days I'm not committed to something in one of the kids classrooms and I actually have a lot of fun with it and feel a lot better when I go.

So this girl who has NEVER been a runner, EVER, has decided to run for Laila in this charity event.  Jack and I have both committed to it and have created a donations page in Laila's honor.  We have a few other friends and family members thinking of joining our team and are so excited to be able to do this for Laila and for CLC.  If you are interested in running or walking with us please leave a comment and I'll get you the information.  If you are interested in donating, please click here for the link to our donations page.  You can also see some of the pictures of Laila from CLC on our donations page as well.  Please, please consider donating any small amount you can to help this amazing school.

Daddy even has to run with his head in the ceiling while we're training indoors in the cold weather.  How's that for dedication!
*Just a side note.  We know that a lot of you have already been helping us out by buying t-shirts and giving donations for our adoption.  Please know that we know that everyone can't give to everything.  We had already planned to do this for Laila and want to follow through.  Give if you're led but don't feel you have to.  I wish I was a millionaire just to be able to give to all the worthy causes!

No comments: