Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Where's Angie???





I just wanted to share a portrait of my calendar for you.  This is a crazy busy life and it's almost unbelievable and only by the grace of God (and my ipod calendar) that I keep all of this straight!


This was last week:

Monday
7:35 - drop Emma & Jackson to school
8:35 - drop Laila to school
9:00 - workout class
11:30 - pick Laila up
12:45 - Pick Emma & Jackson up from school early
2:00 - Dentist appointment for all three kids in LaPorte (1 hr away)
5:00 - Shop for jeans for Jack at the Lighthouse mall (one of the only places I can find giant man jeans!)
6:00 - pick up birthday presents for mom & April in Valpo
dinner, homework and regular life and have the kids in bed by 7:30 somehow

Tuesday -
normal pick up drop off routine for all three kids
9:00 workout class
3:00normal homework routine
6:00 - lead hymns at retirement home
6:30 - (yes I was late) birthday dinner for Mom & April

Wednesday -
Kids up at 5:30 because we needed to leave early.  Of course Laila had super extra projectile vomit and everything in her bed had to go in the washer when I was hoping this would be one morning for no vomit.  Her pump somehow stopped working in the middle of the night so she didn't get fed so I tried to give her a bolus to get some in her and it spilled all over her carpet and then more vomit on the carpet too. 
7:05 (supposed to be 6:30) dropped Jackson to my sister to take him to school and head to Riley Children's Hospital (2 hrs away)
9:30 - appt to set up and bring home power chair (took 2.5 hrs)
12:30 - ophthalmologist appts for both girls.  Emma = good.  Laila = needs surgery so extra time to get that all scheduled
4:45 (supposed to be 4:30) Run the final Market Day sale at the kid's school
home at 7:00 for normal daily homework, cleaning etc.

Thursday -
Normal routine of kids to school (except Laila)
9:30 appt in Crown Point (30 min away)  Decided Laila needs tubes in her ear.  The phone calls begin and last for the rest of the day finding an ENT at Riley that can fit us in ASAP so we can try to get eye and ear surgeries done together.
10:30-1:00 pick up Emma's girl scout book from their store, buy supplies for parent teachers conference committee meeting that evening, stop by verizon store to try to get my phone fixed, go to Aldi for much needs groceries from being gone for 4 weeks, stop by nursing home in Crown Point to visit my grandma
2:30 - pick kids up from school
3:00 - homework for them plus making the charts that I need for my PT conference committee meeting
normal activities like cleaning, making dinner, breaking up fights
6:30 - run the PT conference committee meeting and schedule all of the conferences for grades pk-5
9:00 - get home and collapse into a sleep coma

Friday -
Jack stays home to get the kids to school
6:20 - Laila and I leave once again to head to Riley (2 hrs away)
9:00 - Feeding Study to make sure she's not aspirating.  3 bites and 6 drinks later the verdict is......keep doing what you're doing everything is fine (yep, I knew that!!!).  Back in the car and on the road in 45 minutes.  I have a love/hate relationship with those short visits.
A few hours free - YAY!!
2:30 pick up E&J and do homework (yes we do homework every day, whether they have something assigned or not.  There's always bible memory, extra spelling practice or reading to do.)
5:00 - Annual Harvest Sale at the school.  Have one hour to eat and look through auction items before my shift starts
6:00-10:00 - entering all the winning bids in the computer as the live auction is going on then check customers out when it's time to leave.

Saturday
6:30 - doorbell rings and it's Jack's boss to pick up things for their annual fly-in.  Can't go back to sleep
8:00 - kids up (yep, they can tell time and HAVE TO stay in their beds until 8 on weekends!) everyone bathed and dressed and then we spend the whole day at the airport meeting Jack's customers and watching planes.
6:00 - bon fire with my sister and have so much fun cracking up with her :)

Sunday -
church
lunch with friends
dinner with my girl friends to celebrate a birthday
day of rest.  ahhhhh!

So there you go.  This is my life.  That week was a little more than normal but not much and I try to fit in bible study and shower once in a while too :)  I am on some forums with other special needs mom and this seems to be the concensus.  Our lives are crazy and that's just the way it is.  From being in MI for four weeks with not a lot to do I became very thankful for this busy life.  Keeps me on my toes and I now know that God has given me my very own little mission field here with my life, my church, my children and everything that goes along with it.  I've lost and gained friends throughout this past year and a half but that's OK I guess.  I'm a different person with a different life but just trying to follow God's lead along the way.

So if you're playing the where's Angie game like where's Waldo, you just never can tell :)

No comments: