Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Jack's First Deer

This has been Jack's second year of hunting and he finally got his deer! He has spent countless hours in his tree stand waiting for a deer to come along. I sit in the house at the window praying for God to just bless him with the excitement of this accomplishment.

Our good friend Rod fell from a tree stand last year and was hospitalized for several months with two severely broken ankles. Well, in the process of visiting with him during his recovery period, Jack and Rod got to talk quite a bit about hunting and Rod invited Jack to come with him for a weekend to a hunting lodge that he takes some of his family members to. The guys had a great time over the weekend hunting, playing games and cooking. It was almost like summer camp for grown ups!!

Anyway, Jack got his first deer while he was out there and was very excited to share this experience with Rod and his son Daryl. We are very grateful that during this time of a very poor economy we are able to be blessed with this opportunity for free meat to take care of our family. God can be so cool!!

3 comments:

MamaDuck76 said...

*shudder* I can't eat Bambi! ;)

Congrats, Jack, and enjoy your free meat! :)

Kat said...

Whoo hoo for Jack!

(On a side note...I love that this post was about Jack...I tend to focus on my kids so much its nice to see how much you love Jack and are so proud of him!) =)

Jenni said...

YOU NEVER TOLD ME ABOUT THIS!! Ok, I'm over it. ;)

I agree with Kat that it is fun to read about how much you love your husband.

What fun for Jack to experience "deer camp" and actually come back with something! Our friend Steve always "took his gun camping," which was fun for him, but not the joy of actually getting one like Jack. The only downer is that he didn't reduce the deer population in your neighborhood! ;)

Congrats, Jack, on a great accomplishment. Hope it tastes good!