Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My Baby Boy Goes to School


So it's been forever since I have had time to get on here and I can't believe that I never blogged Jackson's first day of school!

Jackson loves school! He is going to the cooperative preschool at DeMotte Elementary. He has the opportunity to be in class with kids who have various kinds of disabilities. It is a great environment to learn that we are all wonderfully made in God's image (OK, I teach him that because the school isn't allowed to) and that we just all learn at different speeds and in different ways. He already knew his letters and the sounds that they make but he needs some practice on his writing skills. For some reason I just never got out makers and pencils for my kids at a young age and then I'm always paying for it when the time comes to use those skills. He is doing a GREAT job learning though and is always very willing to sit down at the table to do his homework time with me to practice. We are only a little over a month into school and he has already learned to write his name. He cracks me up because I have now heard several times, "mom! Why did you have to give me such a long name!!" I'm sorry buddy, I didn't think about that when naming you!

Every day when he gets in the car he always gives me an update on what they had for snack that day and what kind of fun he had in gym or gross motor time. I ask what else they learn and he doesn't really say much but then all of a sudden he'll bust out something like the pledge of allegiance and I ask him where he learned it and he'll say "uh, school mom!" Can't wait to see what he'll come up with next!

I am so very blessed to have two children who are so ready and willing to learn and also that I have the time to spend teaching them!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Such a big boy! Duh, Mom, get with the program. ;)

MamaDuck76 said...

Hey, you're back in bloggy land! Yay! :) I know it takes time to keep up with these things, but I love to read about your kiddos :)

So glad that Jackson is loving school & learning lots. I think that program is the NEATEST thing out there, and I'm glad that both of your kids get the opportunity to attend!

Kat said...

I am so glad that they are both there this year, and learning so much!!! (And...I love that I get to chat with you at pick up time! He,he!!!!)