Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Jackson's First Field Trip

Today we got to go to Harvest Tyme Pumpkin Patch with Jackson's preschool class. He was very excited and had been looking forward to the trip for awhile now.

Of course one the the most exciting parts was that he got to ride a school bus for the first time!!They had a "sandbox" but it was filled with corn. Now this is something I could get into to!! I've never let the kids have a sandbox because I don't want to have to strip them down every time they come in from going outside to play. (I know I'm terrible but they do have lots of other fun toys to play with outside!). This was fun and no mess!Of course he LOVED riding the tractors!They also had this fun water race game where you pump the water and try ot get your rubber ducky to the end first. Very neat!
They also got to watch a movie about how pumpkins grow. Not necessarily something that preschoolers are real excited about, but he did have fun picking up hay and throwing it at his friends :)
He got to go on TWO hayrides! He loves tractors (and pretty much everything "boy").We rode the hayride out into the pumpkin field and he picked out one for him and also a nice one for Emma.When we got back with out pumpkins, they had little kits for the kids to put a foam sticker face on their pumpkins. It was a very fun, easy way to decorate them, however contrary to the box sandbox statement above, I do like to get messy every now and then so we probably will be carving the pumpkins so we can have fun playing in the goo and the baking the pumpkins seeds.It was a very fun day that I got to spend with my little man. As he reached over and laced his fingers with mine to hold my hand and laid his head on my shoulder on the bus ride home, I was reminded how completely blessed I am to spend these days with him and watch him grow into the wonderful little boy he is. I am blessed to have children with manners and respect for others and a wonderful love for learning and fun. Jackson has been learning so much this year and I love to see him want to do homework and get so excited with himself that he counted to 100 without any help. I thank God for the blessing of these children.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

What a fun time together! What else are little boys supposed to do when set in a pile of hay, Mom?! How special that despite the boy in him, he was still pleased to share it with you.

He is a wonderful kid because God made him that way, and because you have followed God's lead for raising him.

Enjoy your time while he takes a nice nap! :)

Kat said...

So happy it was such a beautiful day!!!! We too are looking forward to carving the pumpkin!!!! =)