Monday, October 27, 2008

Visit with Friends

Well, I've been slacking on this again but I figured I better get this post out there because Thursday we leave for Disney (yeah!!!!) and I'm gonna have that post hanging over my head when I get back.

We have some friends who are very dear to us that live out in Colorado. We don't get to see them very often so we were SOOO excited when they came to visit us! They flew into O'Hare on the 9th and the kids and I went to pick them up at the airport. They have a new baby girl, Erin Angie :), who I had only seen once which was right after she was born. She's going through a bit of stranger anxiety and I was wondering if she would remember me or let me hold her. Well..... she did!! She is the cutest little red headed girl you'll ever see! My dad said it best when he said "God spent a little extra time on this one."

See, she likes me!
She even let me take a few pictures of her before the mosquitos attacked
They were only able to stay with us one night at the beginning of their trip because they had to get up to Michigan to visit family but on Wednesday they came back to us for a few nights and we got to have lots of fun play wii, friends trivia and eating carmel bugles and other various junk food. We had originally talked about doing a few other fun activities but we decided that just relaxing and enjoying each other's company was the best.

Emma had fun playing games with Erin
and getting to help feed her
"wow, something I'm actually supposed to pound on and make noise?!?!"She thought maybe she'd sneak in Emma's new suitcase and go to Disney with usJackson is hilarious to watch play soccer on the wii. He moves his head like the balls are actually hitting him.Erin tried her hand at the ski jump. I think she helped her daddy get one of his best scores!Just hanging out on PJ dayJenni and my friend Dawn both have little ones around the same age. They met each other through my facebook and became friends. We had she and Alex over so they could actually meet in person. It was neat!
Dave is in ministry so it is hard for him to get away especially right now because their senior minister is gone and they are in the process of finding a new one but since they already had this trip planned it was fine. We've all been friends for about seven years and a lot of that we have lived apart which has been hard but ok because we love our cell phones :) Jenni and I used to have lunch together and have prayer time on Tuesdays when we both lived in Michigan and that time was so special to us and helped us grow so we decided since both of us had a pretty eventful and trying year we should take some time again. It was so great!
Uncle Dave helped with bed time bible stories
Aunt Jenni helped Emma read her own!
I'm so grateful to them for coming out here and am very much looking forward to getting back out to those beautiful mountains again next summer!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Glad you all had such a nice time visiting. I think I would love pajama day!!! I was getting worried that you had taken a long break from posting.

Jenni said...

"Today I had a thought: What if I ...What if I had never met you?"

Thanks for such a fun time, and for all the extra stuff you did so our vacation was special. Not that it wasn't special enough to see you. :) I will never forget Emma pushing Erin in the walker, and painting the pigs, and Jackson's silly statements at the table, and the look on Jack's face when I beat his score, and carmel bugles, and prayer time, and story time, and stickers, and so much more. You mean so much to us.

Thanks for being our friends. We love you and miss you every day we are apart.

Jenni (and Dave and Erin too)

PS. Don't watch the last two episodes of Sex and the City on TBS a week after you got to see your friend. Your husband will make fun of you.

Kat said...

I'm glad you got to enjoy your friends! Those TRUE friendships are so hard to come by...

Can't wait for the Disney post!