Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My baby is SIX!!!

Well, I made the post below real quick because I was just too excited and had to get it out as soon as possible. Now that I have a few minutes free I thought I would tell you about the rest of her birthday.

She woke up first thing and was soo excited! I decided to give her one gift in the morning and that was a new Sleeping Beauty t-shirt to wear to school (and too Disney!!). This was my first time ever not getting to spend most of her birthday with her because she had school. It was really sad to think about. Her teacher spent more time with her on her birthday than me :( I'll cry that one out later........ anyway.... She got a fun idea from her Grandma Mary about a snack to bring to school so Daddy and I were up late putting together airplanes made out of tootsie rolls, air heads, and life savers. They were a big hit with the kids in her class. I'm sure the teacher apprecitated me getting the kids all "sugared" up!!
When she got home from school we read some birthday books and I put the finishing touches on her cake. It was quite a feat but I think it turned out pretty good!. When Jack got home he got changed then we picked up Great Grandma Hamstra from the nursing home and then Emma's friend Karissa and we met Grandma Mary, Papa Tom, Grandma Kathy, Papa Roger, Grandma Bierma and Grandma GG at Wheatfield lanes for bowling and pizza. Emma was so excited to get to bring a friend and they seemed to have a great time together. They even tied scores!! I LOVE it that Emma is getting to share these special birthdays with her grandparents and great-grandparents. They all seemed to have a lot of fun watching the kids try to bowl.
We got back to our house and Emma opened her presents. I have been waiting for six months to be able to share the excitement of this trip with her. You'll have to check out the videos to catch all that action! Our trip is planned for Oct 30-Nov 3 and we are going to do so many fun things! Can't wait to blog about it :)

Time for cake!! Emma got a Belle costume and accessories from her Grandmas Mary & Kathy so she matched her cake!!
Emma has been such a blessing to me. God uses her in such neat ways to teach me. I was going to try to explain that but I just don't think it is possible. I'm so blessed.

Emma's New Born Picture

Emma's Kindergarten Picture

How time flies!! Cherish it!

2 comments:

Mary said...

I am so happy for all of you!! Emma is adorable and yes time does fly. I cannot see the video :( I think it is blocked at work. I am looking forward to the trip pictures. ENJOY!!! Happy 6th Birthday Emma. Great job on the cake Angie.

Jenni said...

I especially enjoyed the look on Emma's face with the airplane treat. How many had she eaten at this point?! ;)

Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you all. But glad we got to see you later in the week. It's crazy how the time flies and the tiny faces become big girl faces. Wish we could see those faces more often, though. :(

Have a great trip, as a family!!

Love,
Us