Friday, May 23, 2008

Three year check ups and preschool graduation

Even as I write the title to this I can not even believe it. Has it been three years since this beautiful little boy made his debut into this world? Has this wonderful, unbelievable little girl walked her last day up to the door of preschool and will soon be going to kindergarten and starting her many of years of Christian school? People tell you all along when they are just born to cherish them because time goes by fast but I don't believe anyone really understands what they mean until you get to a day and go, where did it all go? Jackson has this habit of every time I take him out of the bath and wrap him in his towel that he looks up at me and says, "would you hold me like a baby?" Just in the past few months have I discovered how precious that is to me. Some days I'm in a hurry or just not in the mood but then I have this voice in the back of my head that tells me to "do it!!" because it won't be much longer before he'll not even want a hug and all I'll want to do is hold him like a baby again.

Enough sappiness!! Bring on the pictures!!!!


Jackson had his three year check up with Dr. Tim on Wednesday and he's just amazed at how healthy he is. He is now 35 pounds and 3 foot 3 inches tall. I love when the doctors ask me how my kids do sleeping. Their eyes grow wide when I say "well he naps 2-4 hours every afternoon and sleep 12 hours at night." I've been shocking them ever since Emma was a baby. Thank you Babywise and the notion that the baby is a totally wonderful thing but not the center of our family. Jackson is coming along well with learning. I've found boys are different than girls but if I give him lots of patience he does well. He knows about half of his alphabet and a few numbers. I'm so proud of him!


On to Emma!! She finished out her second year of preschool yesterday. At her graduation they sang several songs and then one by one went up for their diplomas. She has developed a bit of anxiety this year. She used to be ready to go out and show the world what she can do but lately she's been a little nervous. She was nervous to sing at the Mother Daughter Banquet and was very nervous about graduation last night. I actually think a bit of hesitation is good and as long as we encourage her and pray with her she is still do these things. We have started to see her personality and individuality come out. It's neat and terrifying all at the same time!

Emma went to a developmental preschool all this year the integrates children with disabilities with children without disabilities. She has had such a great experience meeting new friends and learning that all children are the same, we just learn in different ways. I'm so thankful that she got to be a part of this. We have some special little ones in our lives now that Emma can cherish for the rest of her life.

She loved her teachers too. They are so great!!!

Well, I've blabbed enough for now. Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend. We're actually staying home for the first holiday weekend I can remember in............ well EVER! We just want to spend some time relaxing in our own house enjoying life and our kids. (Plus, with gas prices who can afford to do anything!!!!)

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Our little Emma isn't little anymore. :( But she's growing up and doing new things! :) Congrats, big girl!

3 feet 3 inches? Wow!

MamaDuck76 said...

I love what you wrote! Save those words & stick 'em in a scrapbook. Your kids will enjoy reading that when they're older. Thanks, too, for the reminder to cherish every moment when he's little.

Congratulations, Emma! You're a kindergartener now! *Ü*