Thursday, May 15, 2008

Roller Skating!!!




















Our church has a family night once a month and this month we all went roller skating. The kids had never been roller skating. Of course being from Michigan they had definitely been ice skating and love that but roller skating was completely different. Jackson took right off with no fear of course.




















Emma was a bit of a different story. She took right off but get really frustrated really quick because she kept falling and bashing her elbows on the ground. She did the Emma thing and got mad and said "I can't do it!!!!" Well, we don't say can't in our family so she had to say "I can if I try." She doesn't like that so much in the moment but she finally did it and she was really learning well by the end of the night. Then she was coming up to me yelling "I can if I try!!!"




















She has a great Daddy that was willing to coax her from the pole and get her going with some help.


She even went off on her own!






To end out the night we all got milkshakes in the little cafe area. This is now the kid's new favorite spot!




3 comments:

Jenni said...

I can if I try. :)
So where are the pictures of Mommy in roller skates?

Emma Hamstra said...

Mommy looked a little rough yesterday so I decided to leave my pictures out :)

Carrie said...

The Leonard house doesn't believe in saying I can't either... Taylor loves to get frustrated and give up too. I love that she ended up saying I can if I try. What a fun idea, to have a church family night!