So I blogged about my Steigenberg friends and how great they are before and here I go again! My Jenni & Erin drove all the way down here from Minnesota to come for our adoption. How great are they!?! We were very sad that Dave wasn’t able to come but totally understand with starting his new ministry.
Jenni and Erin drove down and made it straight to the court house in time for the adoption. It was so neat to be standing there and have two of my favorite girls walk up to share this most special day with us. They planed to go home the following Saturday but since MN got hit with a snow storm and then it came and hit us down here they HAD to stay a couple extra days! Wooohooo!
One of the things that was very neat was that the day after the adoption Laila had a whole day of appointments down at Riley’s so Jenni was able to come with and see what our crazy life is like trying to juggle all of this and Erin was great company for Laila. Erin is so completely sweet with Laila I could cry. She’s always holding her hand and if she ever cries she says “you OK sweetheart???” So cute! I never would’ve guessed that Jenni and I would end up with girls the same age that could be best friends :)
Laila thought it was great having Erin sit in her chair with her!
On Friday we drove up to New Buffalo and met Jenni’s parents for lunch. It was fun getting to see them again and catch up after they came to stay with us last spring. Jenni HAD to go to the lake and touch the water. She’s a bit of a weirdo but that’s why we make a good pair :)
Friday night Emma was part of the cheering section with the Girl Scouts for a high school basketball game so we all tagged along for the fun.
I really thought Laila would love it because she is obsessed with balls but I think maybe it was way too much for her. She just enjoyed playing with Erin and taking it all in.
Because of the snow storm school was cancelled so we made our fun snow day schedule and had a great time. Jenni is way more fun than me and let the kids spend about an hour taking turns doing her hair.
We also did some of the old reliable snow day activities like painting. Laila loves to paint on the aquadoodle.
The day finally came where the roads were good enough for our friends to venture back home but while we always miss them, it’s not as hard anymore knowing they aren’t as far away. A trip to MN for spring break is calling my name!!!

2 comments:
What amazing friendships...for both the mommies and girls!
We couldn't have missed this wonderful week for anything. It was so fun to be able to see you, and not really have any obligations to get back for. Unlike the last time you left our house, I just got to stay and wait it out, and it was so great. You're right... it seems different this time. I miss you, but not like before. Thanks for a fun visit!
Post a Comment