Monday, December 15, 2008

Crazy shopping!!

Well, I know I'm going a few weeks back but here is our crazy shopping experience.

My mom, my sister and I always do the day after Thanksgiving shopping. It is our one girl's tradition. It's actually a little harder for me since we moved because Jack doesn't get that day off of work but since my dad's around he offers to watch the kids.

This year my sister had the crazy idea of going to the outlet mall which opened at midnight! She tried to get us to do it last year but we wouldn't, so this year she brought it up again on the afternoon of Thanksgiving and my mom and I laughed and then April started to laugh along and then "ha ha ha, I'm SERIOUS!" So we thought we would give in to her this year. I just wish I had known a little ahead of time because the night before Amanda was here and we stayed up until after 1:00 and then I got up at 6:00 so I was already pretty much exhausted.

April picked me up at 10:45 and we were off to mom's to jump in with her. We drove the 40 minutes up to Michigan City to the mall and it was INSANE!!! It took us an hour to park! IF we ever do it again we will have to leave a lot earlier to get a parking space. We did get some really good deals though.

From there we went over to Merrillville for our usual shopping. April, as always, had all the stores mapped out for which ones opened when and what deals we could price match at Walmart. We shopped and then stopped for breakfast around 10:30 I think. Gotta love IHOP!! We did some more shopping after breakfast and got home around 4:30. It was our usual fun day. I usually get all my shopping done that day and by the end of that weekend have everything wrapped. To me it seemed like the sales weren't as good this year either that or the depression of not having as much money to shop with but I didn't get my shopping done. I actually still have a few things to buy and nothing wrapped yet. I better get on that!!

Us in our annual exhausted picture. I think I might actually be sleeping :)

2 comments:

MamaDuck76 said...

What a fun picture! :) That's a good family tradition. I give you credit...not sure if I could handle the midnight part though...I can barely handle the 5 AM part!

Hope Emma is feeling better today!

Jenni said...

You are all coo coo for Coco Puffs. No thank you, I will just sleep.