Sunday, July 14, 2013

One Week Down...

Having all the kids with me is definitely different.  I text my friends earlier this week that the quickest way to invite spiritual warfare into your life is to blog and give God glory for helping you have a good attitude in a bad situation.

I tried to make the most of every day.  We went to the children's museum, the zoo, the pool, the beach, the library, shopping, watched movies and went out to eat.  That sounds like super fun mom to me.... you?  The kids did have fun doing everything but they were also at each other's throats most of the time and we had the worst fits we've ever had from our new guy.  Thankfully I covered this trip in prayer and God helped give me some extra Holy Spirit in my ear to battle all those thoughts that Satan was trying to throw in there.  I know I may sound like a weirdo but our minds are a battlefield.  A few times I literally said out loud "Satan will not steal this summer from me!"  I wanted to quit and let one or two of the kids stay home with my mom this week or tell them no more fun and we would just sit in the room all day but I didn't.  I want this time with them and it won't be taken away.  I'm also starting the book Unglued this week so that will be interesting and hopefully helpful for me to see what I need to change in myself.

I expect this week to be better.  Now everyone knows the new routine.  RJ also knows now that I mean what I say when I tell him that we will see Daddy on Friday and everything will be fine.  I'm really hoping that helps with his behavior this week.

I even had a few that told me they are excited for homework again this week.  Of course that leaves a few not so excited....... What we're doing, in case anyone is interested, is 3 - 20 minute rotations:  Read for 20, computer learning game for 20 and 20 minutes of workbook pages.  I find our evenings are hard to fill the time so that is when we do this.  I'm doing other fun activities with oral motor and fine motor with Laila during this time too as well as working on her letter recognition and phonics.

Laila had a good week back at CLC.  She is walking around this house like a mad woman (holding my hands or with her walker).  She does not want to be in her chair and every transition we make she asks if she can walk.  Not a new skill she has learned since being here but the confidence just builds tremendously with having teachers who believe in her and expect that she can do these things and it is also a huge part that she is again with peers just like her.  She has also been wearing big girl undies with me in the evenings and did at home this weekend as well :)

As far as my previous blog and talking about the attention between the children...... God's working on me.  After I posted that blog and then looked back I realized something.  This is the environment I have created.  This blog turned into mostly about Laila when we adopted her instead of everyone and then we adopted RJ and he got his own website and t-shirts and facebook page.  We made "celebrities" out of these two and that coupled with their obvious societal differences in looks and abilities, how could they not stand out?  So, I'm gonna sit on that for awhile and figure out what I need to change.  I do think God just laughs at me sometimes (all the time) when I think I have something figured out....

No comments: